Best Hid Kit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any night shots, or better yet, video of your HID's Bob C?

Ive been thinking about PIAA 4300k replacement bulbs or a good plug n play HID kit.

Install comments?

Yeah, I got the bi-xenon, digital ballast(not the slim kind), H13 bulbs. Its entirerly plug and play. The only wires that you need to do is a hot wire from the relay to the battery and a GOOD ground. Follow the easy to read instructions and hide the wires as you go. The headlight assembly will need to come out to put the bulbs in. Three bolts hold them in, I think its a 10mm socket and a 6" extention to get the on bolt down low. I choose the 8K bulbs because they are just one step bluer(barely) than the 6K, which is the whitest light. they don't get really hot or anything. No changes to the headlight housing from the bulb. Its just plug it in and it works. These kits are just a bit more expensive, but trust me, you get what you pay for. I d___k_d around with the kits that were around a $100 and they were crap. All I wanted was dependable, white light with a bit of contrast(makes things look more like daylight). High beams that really work. This would be the kit I recommend to my friends. If you're gonna pull the trigger, this is the one to get!. You ought to see the light on the bike!! Holy crap is it bright!!!! Give me a chance and I'll take a few pictures tommorrow. Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob C. how are the bright lights? I bought a "cheap" set and hate hate hate the bright "halogen" bulb high beams..

Also... 8k is what I got and it is too blue for my taste compaired to the 6k hid's I bought for my sports car. (different brand)

The low beams I have I like, but like I said, high beams suck. I will have to change back or to what you have.

thanks for the info!

Brian B

Brian, the key here is to invest in a good Bi-Xenon kit. These work quite well as there is only one bulb per headlight fixture. The bulb is on a magnetic device that moves the bulb from lo to high position( it slides the bulb in and out). The output of the bulb doesn't change like a halogen with two filaments. Its a pretty slick setup. I did what you have done with different kits/bulb types and was fed up with the crap I had bought. Bi-Xenon kits are available from many distributors, Retro Solutions has by far the best kits around. Pricing is good(you get what you pay for). So when someone says they got a great kit for a 100 bucks or less, we know within 6 months they will be looking for a better kit!! Good luck, tell Carey I'll get something on the board soon. Its been rather___________(insert excuse), so bare with me on this. Bob

Check out Plazmagarage.com, 3 yrs and still no issues, had one bulb burned out a month ago right after I was rear ended, not sure if that was the reason but thats still not bad. I personally dont like the bi-zenon bulbs, the light pattern is spotty. I run just the single low beam bulb with my hid fogs and see great.

Latest posts