best exhaust?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Claxton

Reaction score
I'm thinking about upgrading my exhaust system. Other than a new cat and y-pipe, what muffler will give it the best sound. any links would be helpful.

i did a muffler changeout along with deleting the resonator, i tried searching for my post about it and i have no luck , feel free to check out my profile for the pics and the video/sound clip.

btw i used a hooker aerochamber muffler . i still have another one left from a previus project (mustang) . i will sell it to you if you want? let me know.

wow BeachTrac, Thats a huge file. Sounds good though. Maybe you can get Todd Z, to place it in the projects folder that I linked above. That is one that is not in there.

yeah sorry about the size of the file i did it with my digital camera. but honeslty what a night and day differance with the new muffler and no resonator. and it really is pretty quiet. the clicking noise in the video was me stalling it up so you can get an idea what it kinda sounds lke under a load.

Ok, I just got a thrush welded muffler with a flowmaster dual resonator exhaust. I think it sounds pretty good. Not at all like a rice burner, and it does not sound like a big ole duely either. I got some pics of them on my gallery.

"Best" all depends on your taste. I'll vouch for the performance and sound of the thrush welded muffler. I have one on my trac and I like it. Quiet enough at idle and cruising speed, roars when you step on it. Nice tone, deep and agressive, and priced to sell. I believe Stonemiser has an exhaust clip in his library.

Latest posts