Bed extenders

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Zeleniak

Reaction score
When I replaced my stolen 2003 ST with a 2005 ST, it came without a bed extender. I purchased an extender only to find out it was not as the seller swore, from an ST. As you may know there is an almost identical cage made for other Fords. I thought you might like to see a side by side comparison.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The ST extender is the "shorter' of the two. Buyer beware that there are many people that think that the other bed extender is for a ST, and it does fit and work, but not with the stock bed cover.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes F150,

But you can take a drill and a saw and about 1/2 hour of your time and cut it to fit the ST and it will work perfectly....

Only did it once to one, but it was not that hard..

Todd Z

I take it from the picture you already replaced the ill fitting one with a proper one? The reason I ask is because when I traded in my '04 Trac my extender was (is) still in my garage.

Ill sell you mine from my totaled 01 sport trac i have no use for it now call me if you get a chance 859-806-4503, i kept it off of mine i have a soft top tonneau cover to sell as well and probably more things depended on weather the insurance company buys them or lets me have them

Although the F150 one is longer, what is the problem when using it with the Ford bedcover? Is it too tall to close the cover? I have a chance to buy a new extender off of a Ford

2000 F150 locally, but don't want it if I can't close the hard tonneau.

Also, if anyone has a real ST extender for sale, please let me know. ZIP is 94044.

THANKS.

Latest posts