Bed extender holder up thing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Howard

Reaction score
Just got the devices that hold the bed extender vertical if you want to haul something long. Took maybe 5 minutes to install.

Contents of the package

[Broken External Image]:

Installed and holding the extender up.

[Broken External Image]:

Only takes a Torx T-30 bit and the threaded parts will not fall down when you remove both bolts from the tie downs. Very nice powder coat on them also.

Ordered from Ebay but the company address is

Promach Mfg.

87 Battle Hollow

Somers MT 59932

406 857 3258

I am in no way associated with this company.

More pics in my library.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick O,

What the brackets do is give a third point to install the lock pins. I don't see it interfering with normal operation.

(By the way, I just bought them!)

re: Bed extender holder up thing by Rick O.,8/26/2006 10:15 ET

Can you still rotate the bed extenderto the inside of the bed and close the tailgate and tonneau cover with it installed?

Yes you can, does not interfere with anything.

take a close up picture of the extender in the up position, so that it shows the new mounts and where the extender pins go.

Please..

I'll try to take a picture as soon as it is light enough. I used mine yesterday when I bought a bale of straw to put on the yard. Worked well. Probably didn't have to use it but wife was with me and I showed her how necessary the brackets were. (G)

Here you go, not very good pictures

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hope you can tell something about it now.

I installed a set last night. Quick install, quality metal parts that are powder coated. Excellent product and they do exactly what they are made for.

Make sure you have the tie downs on the inner bed wall. Also, make sure that the push pins for the bed extender swing up to match the area where they would be installed. Otherwise, I don't see a problem, but if the bed extender changed, they might not fit.

They will not fit the 2007, sorry, I,m the one that manufactures them and because of that, the Ford dealers that I contacted, didn't want to handle them. They want me to design a set for the F150's. They thought the idea was great but didn't have a call for older ST aftermarket parts.