bed extender hardware

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary mendelow

Reaction score
I just went to put in my bed extender in my new '01 sport trac and there is no hardware to install it...where do I get those pivot pieces that the bed extender works with..

any one have any or know where to find them..thanks:cheeky::cheeky::driving:

The strickers are the same strikers for used on their 70's and 80's pick-ups if not later. I bought mine at my local auto parts store in the generic repair pieces section. Relatively inexpensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, you're confusing the bed cover hardware with the extender. The factory extender just clips on a pivot post half way up the bed, right by the tailgate. I haven't seen an ST without those posts.

I need the latch that locks the bed extender into place (thing with the two thingies you must squeeze in to unlock the extender at the middle piece in the photo below). It rusted. Any ideas where I can get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
my factory holes where they should go have no threads..am I okay or do I have a problem..

when you say strikers...do you mean the similar looking thing that is part of the tailgate latch???

Hopefully garymendy got what he needed before I hijack this thread, but I'm in the same predicament on a Gen 2. Just bought an extender off Craigslist, and don't have the screw-in posts that the extender pivots on. My ford dealer said he has the "installation kit" for Gen 1, but not Gen 2. All I need are the two screw-in posts.

When you call them "strikers," what are they the strikers for?

I'm pretty sure this is what he needs.

Come to think of it? I need them too. I've got a bed extender I don't ever use because of these. Got it when I got my tonneau and my center bag. And just never installed it...

Think I'm gonna pick up a pair of these, in fact.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-BED-EXTENDER-INSTALLATION-MOUNTING-KIT-2001-05-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-/281049900436

That kits cool !! comes with new pin bushings too.....

That kit will work fine !

Todd Z

I found the two "strikers" I needed at my local ford dealer. I decided to stop by because I wasn't getting clear information over the phone. He had them in stock and they were $5 each. Woot!

Latest posts