battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Clary

Reaction score
Howdee to all,

Well, it appears that the ole battery is giving up the ghost. Jeeze, it's only 12 years old. Was just fine untill we moved into a hot climate. So I've been looking and it appears that the Kirkland brand from Costco is the best for the $. Anyone have any thoughts or comments? Bet the next one won't make it 12 years....:grin:

I bought a "Duracell" branded one from Sam's Wholesale Club. The battery is actually made by Decca. Very happy with performance so far. I have had it about 18 months.

You didn't mention the price of the battery you are looking at at Costco or what the specs are. Can't comment without knowing what I am commenting on, sorry. I just replaced mine.

Jim

The Costco battery for the Trac (65 series)goes for about 90 bucks plus core charge (depends on your location as to actual pricing). It is made by Johnson Controls, who also makes OEM batteries, and batteries for Advance Auto, Auto Zone and a few other auto parts resellers.

The Costco battery is a good value. I am not sure what the warranty on it is from there. HAving worked at Advance Auto, I know our version (Autocraft Gold) now sells for 125ish plus core and has a 3 year free replacement, pro rated to 5 if memory serves me right (has been a couple years since I managed the store there)

Well shoot Friends,

The battery that I'll look at tomorrow at Costco is a group 65. Don't know the cost or the warrenty yet but will in the am. Since I am not hearing any "wait stop" It's more than likely a go for me. I'll let ya know. Thanks so much!!! :banana:

So I went to Costco today and bought a battery. Out the door with tax was $96.00. I took old battery in so no core charge. (it would have been $9.00) 3 year 100% replacement warrenty. It's in the truck and I think I'll be ok with it. Thanks for everyone's help.

Just replaced my 05 battery, I had a lot of funny things happening as of late, door locks buzing and not locking, gas gage not going up after fill up, drivers window got stuck going down ( i thought it had come off the track ), it turned over pretty slow on the cold mornings as well so I knew the battery was going.

I just bought the Costco battery and low and behold, all those little problems have gone away, those electrical gremlins where trying to tell something!

Latest posts