battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i finally had to replace the battery. it was over 6 years old. i knew it was going. it was a matter of time before it went. $110.00 is what i dropped. after i went to go move it and when i hit the switch and no jucie nothing.

hdt

hdt,

Are you saying your NEW battery is dead?

Most new batteries come from the store with at/ nearly a full charge. If the new battery is dead, did you start the vehicle immediately after you installed the new battery to verify that it was working and the old battery was the problem?

If the new battery was dead, I would take it back since it should have been charged enough to start your vehicle...it may have a defect since some brands do not have very good quality control and what you pay is not necessarily an indicator of quality.

...Rich

Yea I cant tell if his new one is "dead" or if he is just making a statement about his old battery.

If your new one is not working, did you connect it correctly? Did you maybe short a fuse while connecting the + and maybe grounded something? Check the battery for how much charge it has and when it was actually made. Who knows maybe your new battery is 3 yrs old.

Did you clean the terminals before placing on the new battery?

This might clear it up, if you changed your sentences around.

"after i went to go move it and when i hit the switch and no jucie nothing.

I finally had to replace the battery. it was over 6 years old. i knew it was going. it was a matter of time before it went. $110.00 is what i dropped."

Sondra

i just had to replace my battery it was only 4 years old, but don't do that much driving purchased my trac new in 08 and only have 17k on millage