Battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good sale on Batteries right now? This current cold snap (-10) had my battery sounding like it was really drained - even with it plugged in last night. Plus when I start my trac in cold temperatures, it locks all my doors on me (actually locked me out when I went to scrape awhile back, because i didn't realize it at the time). I really don't want to spend the money on the Ultima batteries, but don't want to buy a cheapy one either. Something middle of the road.

How many CCA's does other people in cold states run with, O'Reilly said min 650.

O'Reilly's sells the Motorcraft batteries and the price is not bad. I considered getting another Motorcraft because it lasted since the truck was new, 2003 ( Just replaced it last month).

In the end I ended up going to Cotsco and getting the Optima for $120. They also have the Kirkland brand which is rated very high for the money.

I've read that the Duralast they sell at Autozone is made by the same people that make Motorcraft and Kirkland brands...

I replaced with my original battery with an Optima about 1.5 years ago. My alternator went out about four months ago, and ended up ruining the Optima.

I replaced the Optima with an Autozone Gold Durlast battery. No problems with it at all. Truck has been sitting outside all winter, and last night it got down to about nine degrees below zero. She fired right up this morning without hesitation. I'm sold on Autozone batteries!:haveabeer:

If you're ordering from Advance Auto (they sell "AutoCraft Gold" batteries), use code "BIG40" for 40% off. Choose local pickup. Then give them your old battery to save from the core charge of $10 or so.

I snagged a Deka ATV battery that would have been $110 or so for about $60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have your battery terminals been cleaned lately ? Once in awhile that is all it takes to improve your situation. :driving: I live by Vancouver, B.C. and in the winter time all we get here is lousy rain. I hope you survive the winter and OK with you r future battery purchase, yes I always seem to get my batteries from Costco too. Its easy to get a warranty battery replaced there and They can usually trace your battery purchase date in case you lose your receipt :fire: .

Dave :banghead:

Latest posts