Battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave King 2

Reaction score
Well I finely replaced the battery in my 01 trac. It was acting funny on start up once and a while so I went to Auto Zone and had it checked out. They said it tested at 90%, but the read out said battery bad. I still had the OEM battery the trac came with. Its about 9 years and 5 months old. I was really pushing for ten years seeing I was this close. I am not one to change something out if it is still working. 90% sounded ok to me but the battery bad print out had me worried. I didnt want to have problems up north deer hunting in Nov. I put in a Duralast Gold. Eight year pro rated, three year free replacement. I guess it was time.

"I never leave the house without jumper cables!"

I always carry one of those industrial grade starter packs in my ST, the same type used by tow truck drivers. Safer than cables, and it can power an inverter at the campsite. :supercool:

You're lucky it lasted that long. In my experience, after 5 years batteries are on borrowed time. I just replaced the OE battery in my 2004 Focus. It's summer but it was starting to crank slower.

I am to the point that if it is four years old, I pretty much replace them before the winter months as it is NOT worth waiting on the side of the road or in some parking lot...

The cost of a battery is pretty near the cost of a tow truck, one just lasts longer...

9 yrs on an OEM battery is beyond amazing. My batteries didn't last 1/2 of that.