Battery replacement issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph#1

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I have a 2008 Adrenalin 4.6 AWD. I recently replaced the battery and after doing so, the TPMS and Sirius XM radio no longer work. Anyone else ever have this issue and know how to solve this without going to the dealership?

Did you follow procedure of take off Negative cable first and re connect negative last?

Have you re disconnected the cable for a half hour and re connect to re set again?

I always take off the negative cable first and re connect it last. The battery was out overnight; don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. I'll try to re disconnect this weekend to see if it resets.

I don’t have Sirius in my 2009 so I can’t comment on that, but I do have a TPMS fault that came in about a year ago. I’ve owned the truck since new and have never replaced the sensors, so I suspect, after that many years, the batteries in these sensors are dying. They’re on my list to replace with the next set of new tires.
Maybe you have a couple of unrelated issues going on at the same time.

Latest posts