Battery drain

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bendfeldt

Reaction score
2007 with 4.6 V8 4X4 with approximately 80,000. I have been getting the air-bag warning light intermittently. The last time this happened to me a few years ago I ended up needing a new battery (electrical gremlins). So my present battery is 5 years old and I'm having problems keeping a charge on it, so I just put a new battery in but I fear that I may have a short and just don't know where to look. When I installed the new battery I cleaned both ends of the ground wire but that's it. I am hoping the battery will be the answer with nothing else required. If anyone has electrical suggestions for me to check I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Benny

+1 on poor battery condition after 5 years. You live in NE also - cold weather is extra stress. Same applies for us in warmer climes; here in Dallas/Fort Worth area the summer heat is also tough on batteries.

There is no drain or short that will take 5 years to kill a battery. Just drive it and don't worry...

Todd Z

There is no drain or short that will take 5 years to kill a battery. Just drive it and don't worry...

Todd Z

Latest posts