Bank 1 and Bank 2 lean

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Perry

Reaction score
Got these codes when my Check Engine light came on last week. Mechanic cleaned MAF and seemed ok. Check Engine light is now on again with what I'm assuming is the same codes. Could it be the EGR?

Check the vacuum hose at both ends of the pcv. The front one splits on th bottom.

[Broken External Image]:

2nd the vaccuum hose, I had the same Codes on my '02 - Right under the intake cover on the passenger side

Motorcraft # KCV - 190

NEW Ford # 4L5Z - 6758 - HA

OLD Ford # 4L5E - 6K817 - HA

They sell it as a complete kit -- elbow that cracks and the plastic line that runs all the way back to the PCV. You could use a piece of fuel hose as a "quick-fix" as I did on mine until I bought the kit from Ford.

Same here.. Bought the new one with rubber elbows and plastic line, no further problems, and my MPG's improved. I am thinking it has been leaking a little bit for a while now, but just wasnt enough to trip the CEL until recently.

5/8 diameter.

IMO, no it will not be a permanent fix. Reason is that the piece of fuel line used to "fix" the elbow is small and will not bend well. It will tend to pinch in the bend area. I drove my ST with the fuel line "fix" for about 2 months and had no issues. I replaced it because in the back of my mind I didn't like the idea of the fuel line possibly pinching itself close after multiple exposure to heat and the gunk running through it that it might make the CEL come on.

The Ford Rubber elbow is molded in the correct bend required so no pinch issues with it and the factory one on my ST lasted 8 years, so that's why I went ahead and replaced it with the Ford Kit.

Haven't taken it in yet but I checked that elbow on the front side and it's split on top to the point that I can stick my pinky in there.

Can't find the assembly as a whole anywhere so either I'm going to order it Monday or just go buy the elbow and replace it.

From our site sponsor

http://fastpartsnetwork.com/ $23.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Received the part mentioned above Monday. Installed it that afternoon and reset CEL.

Truck is good to go and CEL hasn't come back on.

Thank you again to everyone who helped with this.

With this '03 ST, t's the longest I've ever owned a vehicle. (3 years is usually tops) This board and the wealth of information on here are a BIG reason that I've kept this truck this long.

You guys are awesome!

about 3 minutes. The tube and rear elbow are fine so I just replaced the front elbow and kept the rest of the assembly for installation on a rainy day.

Had the computer reset and the light hasn't come on since. MPG has improved also...noticeably.

I went to Fastpartsnetwork and haven't been able to find the listed part #'s. Any ideas? I'm having the same issues with my '03.

Motorcraft # KCV - 190

NEW Ford # 4L5Z - 6758 - HA

OLD Ford # 4L5E - 6K817 - HA

Latest posts