Banjo fittings in rear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
Hello fellas!

last week my ST's brake light came on and stayed on because of a low brake fluid warning.

After checking all the obvios culprits I noticed my driver side, rear banjo fitting was leaking oil.

So i drove :driving: to the parts store and bought new banjo washers.

After taking everything apart, and cleaning everything, I didnt take note of where the washer went and I didnt really feel like taking apart the other side to figure it out.

Where DOES the washer go is it inbetween the caliper/brakeline fitting or between the banjo bolt/brakeline fitting. At the time i was tired and in a rush :angry: so i put two washers. one at each place. tighten them up and bled the line test drove it and no more leaks :haveabeer:

Now thinking back it is ovious that the washer went inbetween the caliper and brakeline fitting.

Will haveing an extra washer in there hurt anything?

thanks for the help guys.

On the caliper 1 washer goes on top and 1 on the bottom ..... 1 between the hose and caliper and 1 between the bolt Head and hose.

There are no gaskets where the steel line on the truck meets the rubber line.. thats a flair fitting....

At least thats what i remember

Todd Z

WHAT? mine only had one. = im guessing one only between the caliper and hose fitting.

well what I ended up with is what you are saying.

meh as long as i dont get any more leaks im good. :driving:

Thanks for the help Todd.