Ball Joints

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Hartman

Reaction score
Its time for new ball joints on my "01" 4x4 trac has anyone ever bought the kits on e-bay with the ball joints tie rod ends. I know there not a name brand but didn't know if it was worth it. I may just get the raybestos. Any suggestions anyone? Also thinking of doing my shocks while I'm there.

Third! :banana:

I dont know, Moog parts; ball joints, tie rod ends and end links are $211.10 from Rockauto

Raybestos is $ 143.52 for everything.

I know Moog is the best but I've never had or heard anything bad about Raybestos.

I replaced my ball joint/ control arms and tie rod ends with ProGrade Series Raybestos parts from www.rockauto.com. Same grade as Moog but cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been drastic price changes @ RockAuto.

Moog UCA's are substantially cheaper vs. Raybestos Pro Grade.

I also used the discount code from the ex forum vendors section. They were cheaper this time last year. With the price of scrap going up so does the price of tools, parts, etc...

:eek:nline::haveabeer:

Got it! Either one, you did it right! :banana:

Check for online coupons for your auto parts store. You can easily get 20-30% off orders over $100, free shipping (or in store pickup).

I never order anything at the counter anymore when I can easily save $20-$50 by placing my order via the website with a coupon.

I've been looking around as I need to replace my lower ball joints, getting ready to do that this month. I found amazon sells the lower Moog joints for around 30 bucks. Over the counter they run a good bit more.

The autozone duralast tie rod ends look to be made by moog according to there website and were around 20 bucks a pop. I haven't been able to hit up the store to confirm this yet, but the price seemed pretty good.

I had a 94 F-250 that killed ball joints every few thousand miles. I put Moogs on it and it never blew a ball joint after that again. I've been using Moog every since then.

I agree with using the MOOG Problem Solver line of products, but if you can find parts of equal quality less expensive - go for it. I strongly recommend using Engergy Suspension bushings, the black graphite impregnated ones, for the '96 - '01 Explorer/Ranger as I have found that they are better than the MOOG bushings for the front.

Eddie, you're showing your age! I'd never make a statement like that! Even though I could...

Must say the seventies were my favorite decade for cars and music.

By the end of it, the term "muscle car" and "Detroit Steel" was gone. :cry:

Latest posts