Baddest Sporty Build... need help!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going with a 15" rim then you might wanna test fit them over the calipers before buying. I have 15x8's with 4" b.s. and they barely fit over the caliper . I have to make sure when I do any frontend work that the silencer shims for the pads aren't sticking out too far or bent up or they'll squeal like a mother father against the inside of the wheel. Not all 15" wheels will clear, Cragar Soft 8's will.

pro comp 98s will also clear with a 3.75" bs... i assume "most" steel wheels will clear because steel cam be made of a thinner material than aluminum... i can imagine that almost all aluminum will not work in a 15" size

Cool. They're great dogs. Been the smartest, most obedient dog I've had.

@Hugh

I've owned Labs my whole life and I thought they were good dogs. Then I met my future wife and she introduced me to pitbulls and I will never own another dog. My dog's mission in life is to do exactly what I ask of them and cuddle with us as much as possible... amazing breed!

GOOD NEWS!! :banana:

I got the Superlift ordered! Apparently the entire kit is backordered or out of stock from every website out there.... BUT I ordered 1 of the 4 boxes from National Tire & Wheel and the other 3 from 4-wheel parts. It was a pain to track down all the boxes in stock, but they are in transit! I'll keep you guys posted!

A little homeork goes a long way.:supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, body lift is complete after fighting many rusty carriage bolts. The bumpers/skirts are currently being bodyworked and painted all black to match. I'll throw those on once I finish the suspension lift.

The susp lift worries me a bit. It says I need a special ford puller tool to load/unload the torsion bars. Can I not just use a 2-armed gear puller device? Can I not just rent one of these from Autozone etc?

Thanks guys!

[Broken External Image]:

In the process of installing the 4" SuperLift now....

All parts are here, with the exception of wheels/tires. Those should be here by the end of next week :grin:

[Broken External Image]:

Looks like fun man. Just a suggestion but since you have everything aprt I would replace the upper and lower ball joints to be on the save side to prevent tire wear and the pace of mind that everything is new. JMO

:banana::haveabeer:

@Jerry

Would you replace these even if the truck only had 50k in it? I took my old ST to 109k before replacing them. I might as well.

I'll have a lot of pics real soon!

UPDATE PICS

The bumpers and side skirts are now painted thanks to Brad Umscheid @ Paints Unlimited in Salina, KS. One of the best guys in the business so I'm thankful he could fit me in.

I'll post some serious updates here in the next few days...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts