bad ride after lift.......need help!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorge Burke 2

Reaction score
Can anybody help me. After i did my 3in spindle lift and i put some new longer torsion bolts which gave me 6 in the front and a soa in the rear which gave me 7 in. Every time i go over a bump its like i have no shocks in the front. i also put on 2 in. shock extenders and they didn't even help. What should i do?

Raising the front via torsion twist will give you a stiffer ride especially if you have them giving you three inches of lift.. Also the SOA in the I'm pretty sure is going to give you a stiffer ride overall. It might just be the way she handles from now on. I know I put at TT and Shackle lift in mine and the suspension in the front is much stiffer and the place where I got shackles installed put new longer shocks in and they are way stiffer. Over all I like the ride. My thoughts would be to take the whole torsion system out and put in coil overs. I don't know of a way to soften the front suspension up after that much torsion twist. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Possibly I know a few here have done the coil overs, hopefully they will chime in. The beauty of a coil over setup is you choose the type of spring and shock you put in so you can alter how heavy and stiff you want the front suspension to be. The coil over is a custom job though there is no kit available.

I am considering putting these on the front of our 4x2.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Each MX6 is precision engineered and custom valved for

your vehicle.

The MX6’s inverted mounting design reduces unsprung weight and protects the shock body from damage. This design also allows ease of fitment with no clearance problems in highperformance late model vehicle applications. Applications for most popular jeeps, pickups and SUV’s including lifted vehicles and HD models.

Who says you can’t perfectly dial in your ride?

MX Series shocks are precision engineered and custom valved for specific vehicle applications to maximize ride comfort, handling and load carrying ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad Merry is a member on here and i think he has 7 in of lift with a 3 in body and a 4 in suspension. He also took out his torsion system and replaced it with coilovers. Try emailing him about it.

When you crank your torsion bars up your ride qaulity goes in the pooper. Loosen them up and watch the ride get better. That is why I took mine out..

This setup gets you a great ride:D

[Broken External Image]:

Chad, do you think that setup would work at stock height. I know you had the Superlift brackets for the front end, and then installed the coilovers with the RCD brackets. Do you think there would be room for the coilovers at stock height, and would the RCD brackets bolt on at stock height?

Brett

tarheelfanb20, I am staying at stock height with the Procomp MX6. The guys at 4 Wheel Parts said that the MX6 work better than duel shocks. I don't have duel shocks or have never intended to, but if what they said it true then I'll have a good ride w/o coil over's. I hope to get them in about a month.

You might be able to find coilovers that work, but you will need to get the correct extended and compressed shock measurements.

chad so you have the superlift thats costs like $1800, or do you just have pieces of it, i want to lift mine and due the coilovers but i have never been able to deal with spending $1800 on the superlift, what do you think you have in the front end as far as $$ goes

I have the complete Superlift kit, but I got a great deal on it. The coilover conversion is about $800 (shocks,springs and mounts)

Latest posts