Bad patch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
Tell me how I should of done things differently? A year ago my wife got a flat tire. I took the tire to walmart to get it fixed. They patched the roofing nail hole at their standard fee.

I noticed the tire reset flashing on her 2004 ford freestar 6 months ago. The same tire was leaking very slowly. I checked the tire and found no new nail holes and water tested the valve stem. But I got nothing. This happened again 3 months later. It was losing 8 to 10 lbs just guessing each time.

So I go in for my free oil change at the ford dealership today and asked them to check out the tire and tell me what they thought it was. BTW they told me they do not charge to fix a flat tire.:huh:

Anyway they tell me the patch is leaking and they were afraid to grind anymore to put a new patch on. They were afraid it would get into the belts. They said I needed a new tire. So I bought one from them since it was already preped for a new one. The new one was exactly the same as the old one. The tread wear was not much differently either. $128.00 charge.

BTW. She is good for finding nails on the road with other vehicles in the past. We get into arguements when she hugs the shoulder.:angry: This was my first patch job from walmart. I went to tire stores in the past.

I would have purchased road hazard coverage with the tires, maybe they could have replaced it under that rather than buying a new tire...

Also, the patch was improperly installed if it leaked, and they more than likely grinded too much in the first place to do the repair....

You could have requested a free tire or at least some kind of discount since it was their patch that went bad.....

Todd Z

Stu my wife does the same thing. Hugs the shoudlers. Gets all her flats on the right hand side. In 15yrs of marrige, she has had more flats than I have in a life time. All on the righthand side....:lol:

I don't feel alone now!:lol: Is it okay to use you as an example in my next arguement.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts