bad fuel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were bad fuel affecting fuel injectors, I'd speculate that if it were bad enough to affect three fuel injectors, it'd probably affect all.

While bad fuel could cause a problem, I'm going with I doubt so in this case, especially considering that there is a fuel filter and it serves all of the injectors.

I assume this is related to your previous post (<a href="http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1344256&REPLYCOUNT=26" target="_blank">Runs ruff 2/3 power and idles ruff too</a>). Might want to keep the info. together in the same thread, so that others can find the problem and solution together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would almost say Bad coil.

Todd Z

I had the same problem on a Gen 2, V8. I had installed Champion plugs. As soon as I re-installed new Motorcraft plugs the problem disappeared for good.

Ford told me misfire on 5 and a little bit on 3. Suggested a new coil. Fine I said, put it on. Ran fine for a day. Then got the same code back. Replaced o2 sensors. Runs like a champ, no more problems. Get the o2 sensors checked.

Latest posts