Back To The Dealer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64847

Reaction score
I've gotta take the truck back o the dealer to get the following items fixed. The seat mounts on the floor of the truck have rust on them. The weatherstrip on the rear window has seperated from the truck, and the interior has the pillar and corner of the dashboard pulled up on the driver's side front. Anyone else come across these kinds of problems? My last Ford had no issues whatsoever. Thanks, Tim

don't know what fords problem is with those seat mounts rusting, but i got my moms '96 taurus a couple years ago and they bought it new and was always garaged and they were rusted. my '02 ST's are rusted and the '97 explorer limited i had before the trac was rusted. if i hadn't known all these cars and their history, i would have thought they came from a flood area.

dutch

Sounds like the FL heat and sun is beating up the truck...

I rented a grand prix one year down there and the door panels actually pealed completely off from the heat....

Todd Z

It's an '08 with less than 2700 miles on it. Never had problems with any vehicles due to the heat down here before. C'est la vie.

It's an '08 with less than 2700 miles on it. Never had problems with any vehicles due to the heat down here before. C'est la vie.

I have an 07 trac and I am located in FL. My interior mounts are rusting as well. I attribute this to the fact that the trac does not seal up very well to keep the elements out and with our humidity that moist air gets in there and causes the rust. Not sure what any stealership is going to be able to do to keep that from happening constantly.

I am at 68 thousand miles after only two years, so unfortunately I can't take to the dealer to fix under warranty.