Back motorhome adventure [w/ pics]

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got back last night around 10 pm PST. Our ST did great being towed behind the motorhome.

Had a Great time at the R-Wild Ranch about 47 miles west of Red Bluff, CA. I rode horses and 4 wheel ATV, and also went target shooting using some of my sons guns. I did not shoot his .357 magnum though. The only one I was able to hit anything with was with the rifle unsing .22 longs.

Visited friends up in Sprague River, OR for a couple of days. We went with them, in their '99 Banks Power equipped F-350 diesel, to Crater Lake, OR. which was absolutely beautiful.

Pic of Mt. Shasta-

[Broken External Image]:

2 pics of Cracker Jack Ranch / Conner Quarter Horses (the low temp was 20 deg.)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

3 pics of Crator Lake (notice mirror image in the water)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great trip:)

Great Pics!!

Must have been really awesome in person!!

D-

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures! We were up there in July....much warmer though! :D Does your Sport Trac have a manual or automatic tranny? Did you have to do anything to adapt it for towing? Barz

Barry, Manual tranny that was rebuilt last August with all the latest updates. Just throw it in neutral, make sure the parking brake is off and turn the key just enough to release the steering wheel, and we're good to go. See our library to a pic of it hooked up behind the motorhome.

Unfortunately my ST is an automatic. Anyway, I hope you didn't stay at the MT. Shasta KOA campground. We found it to be not much different from staying in a Walmart parking lot....and for $40+.... what a rip! We left and drove on up to Ashland instead. Isn't Crater Lake absolutely amazing? You kinda get this celestial feeling up there. All the best, Barry

There is a kit that Ford sells to be able to tow an automatic or 4wd.

Ya, we did stay at the KOA in MT. Shasta City. At 9:30 pm and for only one night it wasn't that bad. We took Hwy 66 from Ashland to Klamath Falls, and crawled at 20 mph avg. up the west side which is a very curvy & narrow road :eek:; not one I want to take again any time soon.

In case anyone is wondering each pic of Crator Lake shows only about a 1/3 to 1/2 of the lake area. The water really is that calm, but from a 1000 ft. up from the surface to the rim you cannot see much of ripple anyway.