Back from the Keys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark G

Reaction score
We just got back from ten days in the Keys. Towed the boat about 200 miles each way (about 3.000-3,200 Lb) The ST did a great job towing. It did not strain at all, even with the V6 engine. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled the boat.

We had a great time. Caught a few lobsters and downed a few cool drinks!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

great pic's and it looks like a place where i wan't to go soon. i am in the sunshine state now but don't have enough time to get to the keys.

nice to know you great time and the trac did well.

I just got back from Daytona Beach, I didn't know how much I missed the Sunshine state until spending some time on the coast! Lots of work but it was fun!

Hey Rob, you may want to consider taking Card Sound Road instead of the 18 mile stretch. The road construction has had some lane closures which back the traffic up between Fl City and Key Largo. the $2 and the extra 7 miles is worth it. Have a fun time and a safe trip!

Mark G. thanks for the tip.... My sister works down in Marathon and comes up to Fort Lauderdale to visit often, and she's always talking about the lane closures.... thanks for the Warning... Good lookin' out...

rob