Avg temp of tran fluid?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
I just installed the Scangauge last night in my truck and set it up to monitor the transmission fluid temperature. I did this because we are taking our new camper on a long trip in a couple of weeks for Spring Break. I towed a popup before on long trips and never worried about, but this camper is a little bigger and will weigh around 4000 pounds loaded. I have a 2007 V6 ST.

Anyway, on the way to work this morning, the temp read between 150-170, mostly in the 160's after driving for 15-20 minutes. My commute is about 23 miles, with half on the interstate and some stop-n-go.

I was wondering what the average temp should be and what temps should I look out for when I pull the camper in a couple of weeks. Seems I have heard around 230 is the max I want to see?

Please let me know,

thanks,

Wayne

Im no expert but. I have been told below 200 without a towing load and hills. Is a good number. I cant tell you what towing degree would be.

I installed a 16pass cooler on my 5.0L t-bird with the AOD trans. My temps ran 180 running it hard.

The 150 is what i had on my 03 v6..... I added an extra cooler and now don't hit 100 on normal driving.....and on warm days and traffic i don't hit 150..... Towing and racing i never go over 200....

My tranny cooler is the B&M with the aux fan set for 175...

Todd Z

Latest posts