Auto UN-lock Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to the owners manual for my 2007 ST, all of the doors will UNLOCK after I reach my destination and shut off the ignition. This is not happening. When I get to where I'm going and shut off the ignition, only the drivers door unlocks automatically. This can drive you nuts at times! Any thoughts? Does this mean that the AUTOUNLOCK feature needs to be activated? Or re-activated as the case may be? Thanks in advance for your help.

I think the setting is changeable through the center display.... unless you don't have that option..

Todd Z

it is and to get all your doors to unlock with one push of the button hold both the lock and unlock button down on the key fob till the lights flash.

Thanks for your responses. I know I'm being anal about this whole issue but I paid my 30 grand and now I want things the way I want them. I'll try re-programming through the center display. Thanks again.

For safety reasons, I prefer the doors stay locked until Iam ready to get out. Especialy for my wife.

The Auto-unlock function will only unlock all the doors when the driver's door is opened, so there is no problem with safety. It must be programmed - I did it on my 2007 through the message centre.

For safety reasons, I prefer the doors stay locked until Iam ready to get out. Especialy for my wife.

I agree. We all know how well glass holds up against a tire iron or fist.

Tom

Caymen statistic show that a lock door is still the best first line of defense. Not every crook is walking around with a tire iron or can break every window with the first fist...:angry:

I agree. We all know how well glass holds up against a tire iron or fist.

If they're going to get in, I'd rather have them work for it. Sure, a cruel and demented fool won't be stopped, but that does not mean a petty and imbalanced fool won't be.

Latest posts