Auto Headlamps

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Helstad

Reaction score
I have a buddy that just bought an 07XLT. It does not have the auto headlamps that he was used to in the 03 ST he bought from me. His 07 had been a fleet vehicle. He is wondering what he needs to do or order to get the auto heatlamps. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rod

Mine has the auto headlights and if I remember correctly it was included in one of the option packages. I think it's part of the Convenience Package but i'm not sure....

Does your buddy's 07XLT have the little oval shaped sensor on top of the dash? It's the light sensor for the auto lights.

I will check on the sensor but I doubt that he has it. About the only options I could see were the power adjustable pedals and moonroof. Other than that it was pretty plain. Does anyone know if the auto headlamp function can be added for less than an arm and a leg?

Rod

I doubt it could be added. Lotsa wiring up under there and it probably connects to the body control module. It is part of the Convenience Group. For what it's worth, my truck has Autolamp and I never use it. 1) it is already too dark (IMO) when they come on and 2) they don't come on in the rain. And it rains a lot here.

To add Auto Headlights to an existing Sport Trac that did not come from the factory with them would be a lot of work and probably cost prohibitive. However there are some aftermarket kits that can be retrofitted to most vehicles and use a separate sensor and and control switch and typically just need an Ignition On power source.

Here is a link to one I found by searching under "Auto Headlight Kit", but there are many others.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/479733529/Car_Light_Sensor_Auto_lights_universal.html

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts