Audio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Crone

Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing a Kenwood KVT-514 DVD Receiver in my 2003 ST. I noticed when the screen is out it covers the front of the 2 a/c vents. Will the cold air blowing on the back of the screen to any damage? And will it effect the air flow.

Bruce, with all of your Audio posts I think there is an echo in here.. LOL

(That happens when you do a "refresh" from the same screen you posted within by the way. Also common if you use a hand held device as it never leaves the screen, thus, it is a new post).

It won't do any damage, they are made to work in the great white north with no issues.

I'm sure it will effect airflow, but can't say how much..

But it's again no worse than what the cab would be if the person were in AZ or TX.. sure it will shorten the life, but who's to say how much?

Thanks Coastiejoe. Good to meet another Coastie. I was stationed at Capt. of the Port, Seattle Wa. Spent 2 years on the Ice breaker "Northwind".

My alpine blocks the 2 middle vents as well, when the tv is opened. I just turned the vents off just in case. Doing so, gives better flow and more heat or a/c to whoever is sitting in the front.