Attn: WFoy - Why ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry, I completely understand your frustration, I too had a hard time hooking up with the guy. I wanted to get an econ tune for my xcal and it took a number of efforts to finally get a response. I posted on his websites' forum, emailed and vmailed him before we were able to connect.

Unfortunately, I still haven't downloaded the tune he sent because I couldn't figure out how to do it. So, essentially, it was all for nothing 'cause I felt if it was that tough to finally get the tune who knows how long before I could get exact details on how to load it on my programmer.

Kinda making me leery about purchasing any other products because I can't get prompt service, or answers to my inquiries, particularly if your the only one that can service the item. I can take my ST to any Ford dealer or repair facility and get service after the sale, not so with the xcal, your pretty much wedded to the person who programmed and sold it to you.

Had I got it locally, which I could have, if I had any problems with it I'd have just drove 10 miles down the road and got it taken care of until the issue was resolved.

D-

I contacted Wayne through the form on his website and received a prompt reply to my inquiry.

Deryck - did Wayne send you the instructions for uploading the programs to the Xcal2 using the Extereme Tune software?

Yes he did. Problem was my PC never recognized the progarammer when I connected the USB cable so it never downloaded. Suppose to have prompted me that it 'found new hardware'.

D-

Last edited by a moderator:
Deryck,

If you have other things running and such, or your windows version is not working properly you will have that error....

I know it took me 3 times with that dam sct software to get mine to work properly...

Todd Z

Thanks guys, just went out to the ST and got the xcal. I'll try it again.

D-

Deryck; I had the same problem my computer would not recognize the Xcal. I ended up having to do a system restore to a couple of days before I first tried to install the program. It worked!

Um, is Wayne still a site sponsor?

If so, maybe Rich should consider dropping him due to his lack of communication.

Obviously he doesn't have the time to properly tend to his patrons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although Wayne sells the Xcal, SCT is responsible for the software working correctly. He has posted instructions on the install/use of the software on his website (www.hypillauto.com). He cannot, and should not, be your PC repair technician as well in order to get the software installed and working. You will need to contact SCT or use SCT's forums to get those problems solved (if you have a problem, most likely the solution is on their forum, just go and do a search for it).

If you are having problems getting ahold of Wayne, please send me an email (or a PM on the hypillauto forums under the same alias as here) with your information and I will try and get an answer for you ASAP (usually within 24 hours, but sometimes I am out of pocket due to family issues).

And for those that think he doesn't have time haven't tried to grow a business that is owned and operated by a single person and tried to move it from the den in your house to a storefront. Know that his efforts are to improve his abilities to provide better products and services.

I took over my father's business abot 4 years ago which was on the brink of bancruptcy.He was loosing customers to the compettion every day. Our storefront was a dingy rat infected hole in the wall that the landlord resused to fix. I took over the co and have completely turned it around, nearly doubled our customer base, moved into a facility 3 times the size and hired 3 new employees. all this through 15 hour days, some weeks WITHOUT a pay check for myslef. We are so busy now I'm considering hiring another employee because I'm sick of working 7 days a week to SATISFY MY CUSTOMERS NEEDS. So PLEASE dont even go there about hard work growing a business. Either stop taking on new accounts (which I have done occasionally) or spend a little money and hire help. I have paid Wayne for the Xcal, and it does NOT work. The 87 tune does not work. Should I just call my credit card company and dsipute the charge? I'm patiently waiting a month for a response!! Just a simple response to my email!!! I appoligize for having an attitude but this whole thing really touches a nerve with me because I am a responsible business owner and this is no way in hell to treat customers that are helping you grow your business. I don't even want the new 87 program anymore. I have the 93 octane program which works fine - so I have to spend more money for gas- big deal. And in fact- here it is a sunday afternoon and I'm off to work to prepare for Monday.

NYJohn -- what is wrong with the tune...email the issues, along with the PCM code, date of purchase, mod list, and any other pertinent information and I'll get it looked into.

I agree with John I also had a business working 7 days a week 18 hours a day. It was more important to me to put that little effort in taking care of my existing customers needs. I have been waiting over a month for a response. I understand if he is busy or family problems arise but a simple courtesy e-mail would be nice not just to get blown off. Even if he posted something on this forum for everyone a general comment. It is not the fact that it is taking so long but it seems like he is blowing everyone off. In my case Mr. Foy told me he would have my tune sent in a couple of days; it has been a month and a 1/2. I know Mr. Foy is a great guy but they way myself and others are being handled I will not buy from him again. I am sorry and hate to say this but I need to know someone is going to be there if I need help or problems arise. I also could have bought my Xcal locally but I choose not too because he is a sponsor of this site. I am sorry Mr. Foy.:(

DaveG -- what other problems are you having??? Only thing I have seen so far is you had a problem getting the SCT software working on your computer (more to the point, getting the computer to recognize the Xcal2)...please email me what's going on and I'll try and get you an answer ASAP :)

Isn't this the reason JDBoxes is now the site sponsor for making the speaker boxes? Wells couldn't keep up and wasn't returning e-mails and such. WFoy always seemed when I started on here to be able to respond and answer questions all the time here. Now I've seen alot of posts on here about this subject. (same thing started with Wells) Maybe Rich does need to look into this. It's really not good to sell something and then not reply to questions when needed. I don't know WFoy personally and am sure he's a good guy but it sounds like a few people are getting left to hang out there with a product that's not working properly, and for the price of one of those gadgets, it isn't fair. (no mater if it's thier computer not working with what he sends them or whatever) He sells a product and sould make sure he's around (not at car shows and such) to be able to make the product work. It would be like buying a computer that is sopossed to let you do everything under the sun, but when you get it home, all you can do is type letters on it and then you can't get ahold of the company to get it fixed. Not really fair in my book. Priorities. (key word) WFoy sounds like he's in over his head. Just my opinion.;)

Trust me, Wayne's priorities are right where they should be. I'm here to help fascilitate any questions on Wayne's behalf. The customer service is still there, and I'm here to help maintain the level of customer service that became a big part of the reason why his customers chose him. :)

As for the computer problems, no one can cover every single computer problem that can come up. Wayne is NOT the expert on that, that is why SCT provides support for their software. He, and thusly I, will help you get any computer problems squared away, but realize that SCT's software is out of Wayne's control, so any problems in the end are going to be taken care of by SCT (even though it might be simple enough for Wayne to fix, most often the fix comes from SCT) :)

Daeron also thank you for your quick response it is greatly appreciated. All I wanted was a new tune; a race tune. Mr. Fow sent me the software to download the new tune and told me it would take him a few days to get it to me. I have since downloaded but haven't heard from him as of yet. I understand he is busy but just would like some acknowledgement.

My X cal is working fine and have no problems I expect the people with problems to be handled before me. Thank you for your concern