Attn: Gen 2, Adrenalin Owners - Custom Grill Insert Interest?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbakon

Reaction score
While visiting my buddy's shop this past weekend, we were discussing the lack of aftermarket accessories available for the STA, mainly grill insert replacement options. (I believe a member or two on this site have modified an existing kit to fit the STA. However, I believe the kit only included the top and nostrils). These guys do all sorts of custom fiberglass, body, paint, lighting, electrical, accessories, etc. and are capable of nearly anything.

Point being, if I can get enough interest here to make it worth their time, they have offered to fabricate a custom Gen 2 STA grill kit for members on this site!!!!

I imagine before anyone would commit, you will likely have questions like . . .

price?

ease of install?

4-piece only or include fogs?

material and durability?

emblem delete/modification?

colors/finishes?

textures and options?

finished product?

Before I can answer any of these questions, I need to find out how much SERIOUS interest there may be so I can get a prototype for my truck???? Please reply and indicate if you are interested so I can provide them with some feedback!!!

Be assured, these guys do TOP-notch work and primarily work with luxury and special edition cars, trucks, boats, etc. At the same time, with little to no overhead, the final price will definitely be reasonable!!!

To get an idea on their craftsmanship, below is a link to their (outdated) website. See the "Install Gallery" page. Although not all of the vehicles on the site were completely done by them, nearly 80% of what you see was done by their 6 sets of hands, including the entire showroom (displays, lighting, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
You would need to start with some photoshop ideas. Post them here for feedback.

Then you will probably have to actually do it. Mod your truck with one of your concept photoshop drafts.

Post it and the process so members can see the construction quality etc.

Then comes the really hard part...actually getting money from the slew of people that say "I'd buy one of those."

You can count on nearly 85-90% of the people that say they would buy it, when faced with a commitment, will likely waffle and then forget about it all together.

That being said, I'd love to see what it looks like but I probably wouldn't buy one.

I agree 100% that it would be a battle - I was actually offered $200 for a $2000 set of New STA wheels that had been Black Chromed for $800 and SVT Centercaps - $3000 -

Yep since I have been on here. Zabtek and others put out the feelers for a group buys. On many things. As Carey said 80% droped out when the time came.

Im glad enough folks stuck together for the RT-Ypipe. I think we barely made the qouta of 8. I think over 20 said yes.

Everybody wants but, full of excuses on payment day.:bwahaha:

I'd be intrested in a grill insert for the bottom section that looks empty now on my STA. I am open to ideas if you can photoshop something. I hate that open bottom section, it looks like the factory got lazy and forgot to put something there.

Kevin, from your description of this shop, it sounds like they are a "do all" buisness. For me the grille is not as important. I would however, be interested in a body kit for the Gen II. Front lower fascia(air dam), side skirts to replace the running boards and the like. If they could make it reasonable from between $800 and $1200, I would definately buy. Just a thought. Bob

Im looking for something like copst, I am trying to figure out how to fill up the ugly hole that ford left open in the bottom as well. On ebay if you look up abs honeycomb mesh, there is a guy who sells it 48inches by 12 inches, am thinking of buying a sheet and making my own, or cutting a ford adrenalin grill to fit the lower air damn, definatly would like to see what you come up with.

Also don't forget to contact the site owners and get permission to sell something like this on here....

Just saying...

Todd Z

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Well it sounds like, without a final product, pricing, options and patience, it will be nearly impossible to generate any serious interest; enough to mass produce anything just yet.

Regarding other custom work (bumpers, skirts, body kits, etc.).... although they're capable of fabrication the pieces, they will however need a truck to work on. I'd volunteer my truck, but it's my primary driver, and I don't foresee them knocking it out in a weekend. I'll ask, but then there's the material and labor costs, which I'm not prepared to fork over, since I'm not personally interested in additional body work.

When I do have a free weekend, I'm planning on revisiting the grill replacement with them. Maybe once I get mine on, post some pics, etc. I'll resurrect this thread and try again . . . . :grin:

A little creative work and it can be done - the $100 grill from eBay and some 3M Urathane $20. Add in some patience - yes, cutting the eBay part is required -

The guys at the Ford Dealerships always look it over pretty good and then always ask if it came that way -

[Broken External Image]:

SuperCharged SVT,

Which "$100 grill from ebay" did you use?

Was it the one in the link below?

Did you have enough material to do the nostrils?

Also, it's hard to tell by your photo, but once you cut-to-fit, is any of the "rim" from the perimeter of the insert, visible?

Even though it's plastic, I like the pattern on yours better than what I was going to use.

Thanks,

Kevin

yep, thats the one! There is enough to do the nostrils but in my application, I took black Plastic brake coolers and ran fresh air ducts to the GT 500 airbox making it adequate for the blower needs. I took the OEM one out, layed it face down and then cut the other one to fit to the tabs on the factory grill. On the bottom, once it was set in, I used 3M windshield adhesive and clamps to get it set in place - It has seen high speed, rain, high heat, snow, and about 35 car washes with jet blowers and is still the same as it was in the living room when I made it. Yes, the Nostrils can be done but they sit so far back - it all looks black anyway

Latest posts