ATTN ALL S/T OWNERS,

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Boian

Reaction score
:unsure:Well guys they totaled my 01 sport trac, They said just from looks of what the could visually see that it was gonna be about 8,000 dollars and thats with out putting it up on a rack to check for more damage. so i thought i would let you know. Depended on what the insurance agancy says/ And wether i go back to a sport trac or not, I am going to sell my class 3 hitch, My westin sufari bar, and my soft tonuea cover i have pictures of all of em if any body is interested please contact me at 859-806-4503, But i am going to wait to see what i am gonna do about a vehicle and weather the insurance agency gives my things back.

Brandon

Sucks Brandon, But again your ok....

I may want the hitch if shipping is not to bad..

ALSO can you pull off the rubber bumpers inside the gas door, and on all 4 doors on the truck, Little things like that are hard to find and spares are a good thing to have..

I need the gas door bumpers..and will buy all the others...

Thanks

Todd Z

Sad day, glad you wernt' hurt. I hope the insurance settles well enough. Maybe you will choose another ST.

Sorry to hear about your trac but glad you are okay. I don't think they usually make a big deal about you taking things off of your vehicle as long as its not doors, hoods, and major things like that. Good luck with it.

Brandon,,,,,,in my mind, anything you want to take off of the truck that was after-market is yours for the taking. Someone chore in if I am wrong. The insurance CO doesn't care about that stuff, anyway. Good luck, check out the new Tracs, and don't take NO for an answer when dealing with those dealers. They are in a position to give pretty good deals right now,,,,,,whatever you are buying,,,,,,,,Mark

I have never had the Insurance company care about removing aftermarket. My brother did one time. The yard that had it were being Aholes. wouldnt even let him have personal stuff unless he paid up the storage and tow fees. No coverage and it was a total. He signed the title over to them. Then they said everything was theirs. He got nothing. Turns out this yard was one houston PD's scammer yards.

well They are giving me 10,600 and im not sure yet about having the aftermarket parts off or not yet, but amerisure isnt sure what they r gonna do witht the aftermarkets

The way I see it, unless you're paying an extra premium for a custom vehicle or have all your aftermarket parts listed on your policy, they are only insuring a stock 2001 Sport Trac. Technically, those items are personal items you need to retrieve from the vehicle. If you were to get in an accident that was your fault and damaged one of those items, they probably wouldn't pay to fix it, only the truck itself. It might very well depend on the adjuster writing the claim, but I still tend to think those parts are rightfully yours.

Latest posts