Atten-Hut!!! Military Members, Past and Present...FALL IN!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Curious how many military members on this site, so...

Taking a muster of all of our military members, past and present...REPORT!

Andy Harpst, ET1(SW), USN (1986-August 2006), reporting for duty! Currently stationed at NCTAMS LANT, Norfolk, VA.

Previous duty stations:

RTC/NTC Great Lakes: Aug '86-Dec '87

USS Dixon (AS-37): Jan '88-Dec '91

Navy Recruiting District Chicago: Mar '92-Mar '96

USS Wasp (LHD-1): May '96-Nov '98

SIMA Norfolk: Dec '98-Dec '01

USS Enterprise (CVN-65) Jan '02-Jun '03

Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station AtLANTic: Jun '03-Aug '06

Transfer to Fleet Reserve (retirement): 31 August 2006.

General Quarters aboard USS Enterprise (CVN-65)

[Broken External Image]:

Berthing aboard USS Enterprise

[Broken External Image]:

My last re-enlistment in July '01 aboard USS Wisconsin (BB-64) in Norfolk, VA. Me, my wife Allyssa, our son Mark, and my re-enlisting officer, LT Jessica Willert. She was our son's first pediatrician.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Past Navy here, 1981-1991.

After schooling from 1981 to near the end of 1992 got stationed on the USS Benjamin Franklin SSBN640G MT-2/(SS) homeported in Charleston, SC, from 1982-1987.

What all the jibberish means is I was stationed on the United States Ship Benjamin Franklin, hull number 640, Submersible Ship, Ballistic missiles, Nuclear powered, Gold Crew as a Missile Technician Second or 2nd Class (E-5) qualified in the Submarine Service.

Then got stationed at Polaris Missile Facility Atlantic (POMFLANT) in Charleston SC from 1987-1991.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The most upper picture is of the 640 when we were doing a routine emergency blow which was always fun. The submarine had a diameter of 33 feet top to bottom not including the sail area, so you figure what comes up out of the water is about the same as a 3 story house. Sure beats any rollercoaster I have ever been on!

This link below is to a Video of a Fast Attack submarine doing an emergency blow as it comes up out of the water, check it out, it's pretty awesome.

SSgt Larry Phillips, USAF 22d Communications Squadron McConnell AFB, KS (until tomorrow) Reporting! I've been to PSAB Saudi Arabia, and most recently, Ali Base Iraq. The pictures below are from Iraq.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Army. Spent 3 1/2 years at 1/17FA out of Fort Sill. The only time I left was for the 6 months I was in Saudia, Iraq, and Kuwait during the 1st Gulf War.

23 Years in the Coast Guard. Just not the Coast Guard as most of you know of it.

I was in a PSU, (Poert Security Unit).

Here is a picture from one of my trips to Kuwait...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Master Sargent Sal A. Reports As Ordered.......

103rd Air Control Squadron Ct.A.N.G. USAF

23 years Active and still going.

Deployments to :

Italy, Turkey, Germany, Kuwait, Norway, Denmark, Afghanistan, Bahamas, and many places in the USA

[Broken External Image]:

Nelson L. Atwell

Technical Sergeant (18 yrs service)

Chief of Readiness and Deployments

552nd Communications Group

Tinker AFB, OK

[Broken External Image]:

Keesler AFB, MS

Peterson AFB, CO

Vandenberg AFB, CA

Incirlik AB, Turkey (Operation PROVIDE COMFORT)

Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal

Hurlburt Field, FL

Incirlik AB, Turkey (Expeditionary - Operation NORTHERN WATCH)

Kunsan AB, South Korea

Tinker AFB, OK

[Broken External Image]:

US Army SFC (Retired)

Active Duty 1963-1983

74Z: Computer Administration

Basic Training & AIT: Fort Leonard Wood, MO

US Army Missile Maintenance Command, Machinato, Okinawa

1st US Army Intellegence Group, Wash, DC

Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Wash, DC

HQ US Army Europe, Heidelberg, Germany (1st tour)

37th Trans Group, Kaiserslautern, Germany

34th Aviation Group AMMC at MAAGV Annex, Saigon, Vietnam

Instructor & Course Dir, US Army Institute of Administration, Ft. Benj. Harrison, IN

HQ US Army Europe, Heidelberg, Germany (2nd tour)

USAMSA, (Support Office for US Army Chief of Staff) Pentagon, Arlington, VA

HQ DSCOM, 3rd Infantry Div, (Rock of the Marne) Wurtzberg/Kitzingen, Germany

HQ DSCOM, 1st Infantry Div, (Big Red One) Ft. Riley, KS

Retired with 20 years and 8 days of Active duty.

...Rich

Nuke Electrician (EM1/E6)

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) out of Alameda NAS, CA back in the glorious Reagan years of peace and big pay raises.

[Broken External Image]:

Chief Master Sergeant Dale A. Carlson (ret), 26 years in Air Force helicopter maintenance for Combat Search and Rescue, and Special Operations.

Elmendorf AFB, AK

Myrtle Beach AFB, SC

Las Vegas, NV

Sembach AB, GE

RAF Woodbridge, UK

Hurlburt Field, FL

NAS Keflavik, IC

TDY's to Norway, Switzerland, Korea, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Germany, England, and all over the U.S.

Larry, was that a coin you just pulled on us? :p

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

OMG! Nelson, you're a UDM?

Yep Kefguy, a 22d Communications Squadron Commander's Coin! And in that picture (originally), there was and O-6 on both sides of me (Wing CC, Mission Support Group CC) and 2 E-9's behind me.

I'll take my drink now... :p

Yeah Larry. I have been in charge of deployments for our group and two squadrons for almost six months now. All the UDMs work for me. It is a lot busier than being a Program Manager, especially when our AEF cycle comes along.

The Readiness stuff keeps me busy too with SORTS, ART, Plans, meetings, etc. Our boss also still calls me into the Program Management meetings and asks me to help when one of the younger troops needs help getting his/her projects on track.

Good luck on your deployment. I saw earlier that you are leaving tomorrow. Keep safe down there, and watch out for those local girls. We've had several of our guys in trouble down there.

SMSgt Joe Rampino USAF Reserves

30+ Years and still going strong, includes 4 years active duty, with one year in Vietnam. Currently stationed at Hanscom AFB, 85th APS, ATOC Superintendent.

Thanks everyone for their service to our country. Also thanks to those who support us.

[Broken External Image]: