Assaulted in New Orleans

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry this happened to you. Sounds like the armpit of the world down there. I guess that you could encounter a mentally ill street urchin anywhere though.

I think although it's a tough decision to use deadly force and Rich Stern spelled it out pretty well as far as the system grabbing you up and politics and luck having a lot to do with your future, you have to also consider that one punch could render you unconscious before hitting the ground which then could cause a fatal head injury or broken neck.

I was there in 2003 before Katrina and thought it was on of the dirtiest places I had been. We stuck to the French Quarter and the Garden District.

We didn't have too many problems with homeless/street people but your experience does not surprise me. Having grown up in NYC, I had that wariness everywhere we went that kept me on guard.

Guess that gives a whole new meaning to the statement "Bum-Rushed" :lol:

Glad to hear you made it out of there relatively unscathed. I certainly would have faught back as well. And kudos to your wife for offering up a whallup.

Remember we are talking about Chocolate City here. When the going gets tough, the tough get looting.

[Broken External Image]: