Areo Exhaust FINALLY

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh OH

Reaction score
He ya'll.

Well.. It's finally done, took a good part of the morning for the guys at the midas to install, but my areo turbine muffler and custom tip is finally on the ST!! It looks and SOUNDS great!! I got complaments RIGHT away from ALL of the guys at the shop! And many of those guys have worked there 10 or more years. First thing most of them said is "That's a GREAT sounding V8!"

Lol.. that's when I broke the bad news to them and said that it's a 4.0 V6! ALL of the guys there practily $h*t themselves including Ray the manager for 20 years when I said that and couldn't believe me! Thats when I opened up the hood and they were convinced when they saw the V6...

At anyrate, my pics libary is updated with the latest and greatest. My buddy manuel did the weld job (Which looks great too!) and let me under the truck to take pics after he was all finished. (Wish I would have taken "before" shots though..) So you can see the setup from ALL angels and the finished result.

I had them take out the stock muffler, resonator, and exhaust tip; then just install the areo muffler and a straight pipe out to the back, and weld the new tip on. If any of ya'll have ?'s for me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Now.. As far as improvements.

-The sound is GREAT!! VERY nice and smooth on both the low and high end. I'll be sure to post wav files as soon as I can of it for ya'll. Most of my buddies here on the military side of the house have flowmaster in their fullsize F-150's and you HONESTLY can't tell much difference in the two!

-Preformance boosts. I have larger then stock tires on my ST. So naturaly, because of that (And me having 3.73 Ratio) the truck has had to work REALLY HARD for acceleration. As soon as I pulled out of Midas I noticed that the truck accelerated MUCH smoother and easier. I didn't need to press NEARLY as hard on the gas to get the truck moving like I did before the mod. I've DEFINATELY gotten an increase in toqure as well, my RPMS are up at lower speeds and have seemed to be more stable.

-Gas Mileage. Thus far I've only drivin the ST for about 45 miles from the center, and I haven't gotten a chance to really see a change in mileage yet. However, good news is that I know EXACTLY what I was getting before the areo turbine (13.5~14 MPG) and I had a TOPPED off tank when I got the mod done. So I will post the mileage gains here shortly, but I am sure that I will see at least some gains there too.

All in all, for the price paid, $257 for the AT2525 muffler and the ST2535 exhaust tip, plus another $124 for the install it has been already a WELL worth investment. I'll keep you all posted on addional info.

~Josh

[Broken External Image]:

Looks good. When you have a chance, disconnect the negative terminal of your battery for about 20 minutes. This will dump your computer settings and force it to re-tune itself for the new exhaust.

The truck look nice and I am sure it sounds great too, But, But please don't take this the wrong way, They could have done a lot better job on the install... ( at least thats the way it looks in the pics...)

Sorry, but I think you did not get your 125 bucks worth on the labor...

Todd Z

Now that is one of the best looking trucks I've seen in a long time. The color, the wheel-n-tire combinaton, its all great. I currently trying to get a Aero muffler and tip but I don't want to pay too much, my wife would have a caniption fit.

Iam always intrested to see someone use new exhaust technology..Man that is one exspensive muffler...I would have them tuck the tip in alittle more..where it is if someone bumps your bumper the tip is gona get it, along with bending the rest of the exhaust system...

Yea.. I agree now that I've had it and looked at it a little more.. I do think that I'm going to get the tip tucked in just a little more. But all in all it's still a great system. Will have them tuck it in next weekend.

Latest posts