Are Polls Possible?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Gross

Reaction score
I think we should start a picture contest type of rolling poll. Is this possible?? Todd?? George?? We chould have submissions for two weeks then have the winner of the poll pick the new theme the pictures should follow. ie Water or ST at play. I think this is the shot in the arm the site has needed as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have to think about it... If programing is required, Rich would have to do that for us..

Todd Z

I was poking around another message board and Thought it would be a cool idea for us. I always like seeing other peoples Tracs.

You could use a "free" website like: www.easy-poll.com, but they don't seem to integrate cleanly with this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have STOTW.

And other sites I belong to the polls go to waste.

I know Woppy..Shot in the arm???:unsure::unsure: This site is pefect just the way it is.

Paul H

While we are wishing and comparing "other" forums / boards, I've never understodd the STOW. Seems like a load on the administrators upping one every week.

Every "other" forum / board I participate in is a monthly gig. STOM would be a title held longer and if possible (like the "others"), voted on by the members of the board. I believe this would mean more to the "winner" and allow the Admins to focus more on the board at large, rather than scrambling for a new STOW in time when pics are slim.

my .02

shot in the arm??? this site is a well oiled machine!!!!

Ok ok true I like it too, but a few months ago though there were a few threads saying how it seems like there isnt much thats ST related being posted. alot of off topic stuff and I kinda agree. However it does seem to have picked up. Maybe it was just a lul do to vacations and such.

STOM would be a title held longer and if possible (like the "others"), voted on by the members of the board.

I really like this too. It would be cool to see the submissions for the week of month and then have a say in who wins it And maybe poll wasnt the right word. It would be more of a contest. I was just curious if we could had a way to vote on something through a thread by way of a poll.

i have STOTW's from now until like 4 into the new year. So trust me there is no scrambling.

I put them up on a 1st come 1st serve basis. I do not pick and choose on who's is nicer, who am I to judge. It is there truck and we all make them how they like it.

As far as contests go...we tried one for the new home page graphic and it did not work out well at all. And at the risk of big arguments between members and numerous emails the 3 of us owner/admins would get about members and such we may shy away from any kind of contests. We will discuss it and act accordingly.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Paul H

Latest posts