Anyone with black Headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hiatt

Reaction score
I want to know from anyone that has changed to the black headlight and cornor light combo,if the reflectors on the corner lights are left chrome? I have looked at the ones that have been posted on here and ebay, but can't tell if they are or not.

I did mine myself with the help of the project done by Mark Neven (Thanks Mark) in the exterior appearance Section of the projects tab to the left.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I got mine on ebay. I think the reflectors are silver/gray, if thats what you mean. Otherwise the background is black.

I've replaced them a couple of times.. Some come with black-out clear coners, some coners come with the amber patch on them. Depends who you get them from. There was store selling on ebay advertising their black headlights using a picture of my ST, but it's not there now.

Gary D.

I am not talking about the lens. I am wondering if it is like the headlights are, where everything is dlack but the actual reflector, or is the entire housing black.

just wondering... by getting black headlights or... painting them wouldnt/doesnt that decrease how bright the headlights are since the reflective coating for the bulb is essentially gone???

just wondering... by getting black headlights or... painting them wouldnt/doesnt that decrease how bright the headlights are since the reflective coating for the bulb is essentially gone???

Nope. The area around the "dish" behind the bulb is painted.

Tom

thanks caymen...

that was always my concern about getting painted headlights! well then!

maybe i have a new project to add to my list to do this summer

I personally feel the light is better with the black headlights. The light is not all over the place.

Tom

hmm.... well then... im all about the lights... lol got 8 lights in the front... plus 4 strobes... haha

hut intresting... think im might be painting soon ;)

Paul or Todd,

When you guys paint these headlights, do you also paint the reflector part of the corner light? Nobady has really answered my question yet! I know that I can get these already done from Zabteck, but a little time and a can of spray paint is a little easier on the budget right now.