Anyone with an iPhone?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Caymen is into Ubuntu Linux and hasn't run Winblows7 in at least a month. Win7 is nice, but Ubunto has it beat.

I have no desire for anything Apple except the iPhone. Even that is only an idea.

I love my iPod Touch, but I HATE iTunes.

Tom

Caymen, I can see why people are confused in this thread. At one point, you say you "have no desire for anything Apple except the iPhone", but then in other spots, you say that you love your iPod Touch, and that you also have an iPad. Which is it?

I do not have an iPad. TJR made that up. I have an iPod touch. I like the iPod Touch so much that I want an iPhone to replace it and give my iPod Touch to her. That way I would not have to carry around a phone AND my iPod Touch.

IMO, the iPad is stupid, but this is my opinion.

Tom

I do not have an iPad. TJR made that up.

TJR didn't make it up--you did say you like your iPad (which implies that you have one). Although upon re-read, you probably meant iPod, and then had either a typo or a Freudian. Either way, no problem, it's now clear. Although it does emphasize how stupid it was for Apple to use two names so similar to each other.

I never had a desire to get an iPhone UNTIL I got my iPad touch.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill V,

Thanks for defending my honor. Yes, I read iPad, thought Caymen said iPad, because he wrote iPad. Afterwards, as Caymen was talking about himself in the third-person it became more clear that was a typo.

Then, Caymen said I "made things up." Clearly that wasn't the case. Actually, I'm kind of offended that he would say that when all I have tried to do in this thread is provide advice. Would love to get a sincere apology. Would be a pleasant surprise.

Oh well.

Good luck Caymen.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Bashing your new phone with a hammer seems too extreme to me.

I don't understand why you need a phone at work, to stay connected...I'm surprised they even allow cellphone reception @ the DoD worksite, let alone internet access. Seriously, in my mind DoD = sequestered. I guess I'm just not understanding.

Though I am still amazed that you get anything electronic into your DoD sanctioned job, Caymen. UPS won't let you take anything in above a watch, and even then, it has to be a cheap looking watch. When you become a supervisor, you can take a phone in, with approval, but it gets hit up with TJR-style tamper-proof ID stickers, and is inspected.

...and UPS is only trying to cover itself from theft, not protect the security of the US, as your job is doing.

Not only does an iPhone let you record audio, but you can even draw on it, so theoretically you could still draw anything that you see...if you're not distracted by iHarmonica, which is designed to be used orally :grin:

KL,

All good points. Smartphones just get smarter and smarter. They are phones. They are audio recording devices. They are cameras. They are video recorders. They are wireless, networked computers able to send and receive from the Internet. They are GPS devices. They are more and more capable each couple of years...

All of these high-tech capabilities can pose security risks of one form or another. It would be easy for companies to simpy forbid them, but that's unlikely to fix anything. These devices have become loved and deemed essential by most of their owners. Regulations that forbid them will likely simply be broken by many who are willing to "take a chance" at sneaking them into secured areas, etc.

The regulations have to keep up with the technology. Often the best way to safeguard ourselves from exposures generated with new technology is often, ironically, with additional technology, and new, outside-of-the-box thinking.

TJR

Yes, I went over what I said and you are right, I did say iPad touch (there is no such thing) it is either an iPod, iPod Touch, or iPad. Sorry about that. I thought TJR was making fun of the iPad. (personally I think they are stupid)

Anyways, regardless what we think, it seems those that have the iPhone are happy with it.

Tom

P.S. I work in a DoD cleared facility. It is not actually a DoD facility. Though, when I was working at Fernald, I was allowed to have my Cell Phone.

Latest posts