Anyone with 2010 NAV

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my library there are 2 pictures of my nav. The first pic is how it looks when I start the vehicle, map screen on the left and radio on the right with the equalizer display below that. The second pic shows how I prefer the screen to be at all times, radio is full screen. When I first bought the vehicle I could have sworn that when I set the display to how I preferred it to be that when I restarted the vehicle it was like that and not the split screen like the first pic shows. What does your Nav screen display when you start the vehicle? Does it retain the last screen that you had displayed or does it go to a "default" screen? Do you know how to make it stay on your displayed screen when you restart the vehicle(I have read the directions too many times now)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does the same thing, and if you or someone figures it out, that would be great. Like you, I thought mine always started where it left off too right after I left the dealership. But my son was always messing with it, so I'm not sure. And the equalizer is just gay. At least give the audio the whole right side.

The way I understand it is the screen that is presented when the car is started is always the HOME screen. The only way to change that is to modify the HOME screen by using those little arrows at the bottom left and bottom right of the home screen. Unfortunately the choices are lame. But if you modify the HOME screen layout, it will be presented in the new format when the car is started.

Also, If the radio is on the right side of the HOME screen, it will display the equalizer regardless of your on/off preference for the equalizer (visualizer?) on the radio preference settings.

I wish there was more control over some of the settings on the Sync. I mean, red letters on a blue background? Are you kidding me? :fire: My eyes are not 20 years old anymore! It also irks me that the Sync is blue - blue - blue while my ST is red w/black interior.

2cts.

Dave