Anyone run Toyo Proxes in the Snow?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraXP

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has run Toyo Proxies in the snow and how they did. I'm debating on whether to keep the Cross Terrains on the OEM wheels and making them my winter runners and buying something else for spring/summer, or just buy new rubber and run the OEM wheels for a while. I love the Cross Terrains as I run them on other vehicles, but I hate the roller skate look on the ST.

TIA...

Can't say that I have, but I don't put much faith in the "official tire of the ufc".

Your definition of snow is probably far different than mine, as here in MD, 2 inches is considered a "heavy snow" :(

I've heard the Toyos are shite in the snow. We get no more than 1/4" here annually, though.

Andy, how are you liking them for regular season? I saw you were running them - kind of what made me add them to the list of rubber to look at. Toyo says they are M+S, but their pattern is too close to the Hankook Ventus RH06 I run on the X - and I know they are not even close to being able to handle M+S, so it made me question them...

If they are decent spring/summer, I might look at them for the new set of wheels...

CobraXP, I also ran the Open Country A/T's for 2 winters up here in Alberta, and they handled really good in the snow and on ice. The tires have a pile of sipes in the pattern which I think makes themb handle well in winter conditions. I was in one field with it in which I was pushing snow with my bumper and it was chewing through that just great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Proxes are awesome. I want to make sweet love to them every day. I can take an interstate on-ramp at 90+ without slipping. I have NOTHING negative to say about them.

I have them on my ST for the summer, and summer only. Here in south west MI, we can get 3-4 feet in a night and they would never get me through that. You'd be better safe then sorry honestly and just run true winter tires or AT tires. Your life is worth more then a set of tires. ;)

As long as the weather is 32 degrees+, Proxes S/T. Otherwise, Bridgestone Dueler A/T.

*note: The above mentioned tires are only my personal preference after 120+ sets of tires in my life.