Anyone got experience with Blizzak tires?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Am just about to buy a set of LM-60, 235/50-18 for the Mustang and a set of DM-V1, 235/65-18 for the Trac. Anybody used any of these tires yet? I used a set of Blizzaks back in the late '80s on my rally car and had great performance. I'm sure 20 years has brought about some changes. Any thoughts? :unsure:

We installed them at sears, Easy to mount and dismount, Great traction..... BUT don't install too early and keep on late... They are soft and do wear quickly..

Todd Z

I have Blizzak WS-50's, which I think are discontinued, on my wife's Taurus and it goes just as well in snow as my truck and probably stops better. Been through blizzards and stuff in it and it doesn't miss a beat.

When I had my VW Cabrio, I would switch over to a set of four Blizzaks every winter season. They provided great traction in the nasty winter weather. However, as Todd recommends, don't keep them on after the season because the compound that provides the great traction, suffers on the wear characteristics. I got four seasons out of my set and then sold them with the car. They probably had another couple of good seasons left.

I've used Blizzaks on all my cars. They are great , especially on ice. The initial surface is a soft compound with a multitude of sips that give great winter performance. The remander is a good all season compound that can be used as all season. I believe the speed rating is only 98 MPH sustained, but that may have been changed on the newer models. Michelin artic alpin is another good ice/snow tire.

Latest posts