any subwoofer box plans?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Vannostrand

Reaction score
hi i was wanting to build my own subwoofer box , but i cant seem to find any plans on it at all? anyone have any plans? dimentions? anything? either a 10 inch or 8 in woofer is all.

Or do what your imagination lets you. Check my library for an idea and also search the forums for other custom installs.

Download and install the Google "Sketchup" program.

After diddling with it briefly, you'll quickly be able to draw-up a 3-D mock-up on what your sub box will look like, given the dimensions you believe you need.

================

(a user review I posted about the Pioneer TS-SW1001S2)

This is a follow-up review. I own just one of these subs. I'm pushing it with a Hitron HA-1000.1 I also purchased from Sonic. My headunit is a Sony CDX-GT630UI I also purchased from Sonic.

I went back and re-engineered my box to be a Ported @ .61 cu. ft.

The following dimensions work perfect in a Ford Explorer SportTrac when you've removed the rear kick-panel and the plastic divider thingy on the floor that the spring-loaded flaps attach to cover the gap when folding back seats down.

Dimensions: (in inches)

==========

2.75 Top Depth

6.00 Bottom Depth

14.0 Hieght

31.0 Width

12.5 Port @ 3" Diameter

Made w/ 3/4 MDF

OH... MY.... GOD...!!! This little beast can now tickle the inside of my chest, give me a tension headache/neckache, and even make my sense of balance feel a little off after Papa spends just a little time in my "decompression chamber" (as I like to call the inside of my Truck when the volume is at or near 40) blasting select jams that highlight the sub hit.

An example of some tracks that really came alive in the new box:

Blow The Whistle - Too $hort

SummerTime in the L.B.C. - Warren G.

Spank My Booty - Lords of Acid

I'm Toe Up - DJ Felli Fel

It's a darn good thing the new headunit plays off a USB drive because now when playing from CD... if I crank the heck out of the volume... you get to a point where the vibration inside the cabin will start to make the CD skip, even though all units these days have anti-shock buffered memory playback so the units can recover from a jolt such as crossing train tracks or whatever... the sustained, massive shaking just doesn't allow the CD player to ever recover I guess.

Papa's very happy :)