Any interest in a like new XCAL SCT X3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I doubt that anyone remembers that someone broke into my garage and ripped out my OBD 2 port from under my dash a few months ago. It doesn't appear there is a repair in the future. I was wondering if there might be any interest in the XCAL SCT X3 tuner I have. Like new condition and 3 performance tunes for ECU #RGU0. If so, I will put in Swap & Sell Board along with all particulars.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

Was IT unlocked ?? The issue is its a huge cost about $250 or more to get it unlocked and new tunes if your truck is still programed....

IF it is not, Then good luck with the sale !!! If IT is unlocked, I may be interested....

Todd Z

coincidence... I just purchased one from Torrie last night. I had found a used one here in Canada for $250 but when you factor in the $150 for tunes, might as well buy a new one.

Any idea what you were going to list it for? (I can't back out of the order now as I have paid for it but am curious).

Mel

Todd,

I havebeen working with jim on this issue. He is locked into the 87 performance tune.

He ordered the obd2 plug and cable. The wires are all black with no markers.

Even 2 Ford dealers dont know how to install it.

I find that one of those things That ford never thought of replacing. Or the wires would be color coded. Plus the dash would have to torn apart to find what loom the wires came out of. There are no dangling ends.

The drunk that got into his garage that tore it up should be shot.

Todd Z, I assume it was unlocked, it was one owner only and had not been hooked up to any other vehicle so unless they come locked from Torrie it is unlocked.

Thanks,

Jim

Well I guess I should have read Eddie's post before responding to Todd Z. It has the performance 87 tune in the engine so I guess from what Eddie said it is locked. Oh Well. So Mel, I guess that it being unlocked a hundred dollar bill would kill it.

Jim

I know its a sucky situation..... Just wish you lived closer, we would take a weekend and just get it repaired...

Todd Z

Locked means the tune is currently being used in the vehicle.

Must be unlocked or returned to stock before using on another.

Thanks Todd for the gracious thought. Your a good man.

Thanks to you Eddie for all your help and advice to this old man. You are a God send. It's nice to have friends who are willing to overlook your shortcomings and just see the good ones, as that's who you are.

Jim

Just a thought here.......

I wonder if you could put the Computer from your truck into another ST and flash it back to stock ??

May need to swap the tranny computer too, But just a thought......

Todd Z

Latest posts