Any interest in a full drum brake setup of an 02?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Vinke

Reaction score
Thought I'd throw it out there before they get scrapped in case anyone needs this stuff -

I did a disc brake conversion on the rear of my 02, so I have the full drum brake setup available with 1 month old shoes. It will need new e-brake cables though.

Make an offer if anyone is interested.

Sorry to hijack your sale add but can you send me some info on how you did the disk conversion? There is about 10 explorers at the local pick and pull yard I can get the backing plates, and e-brake cable and caliper cores from.

Yeah, the link posted above has all the info and parts you need for the conversion.

The kit in that link is a kit Ford Racing sells, but is the exact same parts you would be pulling off the explorers in the junk yard, just used parts.

I was going to pull my parts from the junk yard, but looked on eBay quick first and found this guy in the link below with the kit for $170. I checked his already ended auctions and noticed he will take about any offer you make him on parts, so I offered him $100 and he took it. I also emailed him a Fedex label for shipping and it cost me $15 for shipping instead of paying his $60.

Considering the time and money spent pulling the parts myself, $115 isn't too shabby. However, it cost me another $100 or so for e-brake cable and new pads and shoes.

Yeah, all used parts, but everything was in excellent shape with very little rust and the calipers still had some of the zinc/galvanizing left on them, all the guide pins slid smoothly as well as the pistons. He shipped me 2 drivers side calipers first by mistake, I let him know and he shipped a passenger side caliper out right away on his dime and let me keep the other drivers side as a spare!

Excellent seller, I would highly recommend him - if he doesn't have anymore of the "kits" on eBay right now you should contact him through one of his other auctions and ask if he has any more, cause I think he mentioned something about having a bunch on hand just not listed on eBay