Any good Ford Focus web sites?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I'm purchasing a used Focus for my son to use and I'm looking for one or two good forums like this one.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Markr

I've seen some pretty damn good Focus/SVT Focus at the track including mine. We run lap times that put us in the race "A" group that includes all the high HP cars. Funny how I never see a Mazda 3 show up in any group including the slow novice groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have to build a good Ford Focus before a web site dedicated to it can be made.

My I remind you on the engine your Mazda3 has? Yep, the same engine in a Focus. The Chassis is derived from the Focus from Europe. You already knew that though.

Tom

Oh boy, a Focus bashing thread :p The SVTF does NOT have the same engine that is in the Mazda (although the new Foci do share the 2.3L engine). The car was made for dealing with tight turns, and does it damn well. It is one of the few cars that will literally push other cars through turns that are much faster (Vettes, Cobras, Z cars, etc.).

Moral of the story: If you don't know EVERYTHING about the car you are about to bash, reconsider before you begin bashing it.

Apparently, scootch is the only one that knows humor when he sees it.

I know the Mazda3 is based off of the European Focus. I will get to see them in person in a few weeks, so I will let you know how they compare to the US Mazda3. I plan to rent one when I get to Germany since I have to in-process in Stuttgart before proceeding to Poland. I hear they are pretty sweet.

I doubt any one here will come to the defense of the standard Focus ZX4 though. Two of my co-workers bought '05 models and neither are very happy with them.

Daeron is right about the cornering abilities of the Mazda3/European Focus. I found out quickly that I can accelerate through a tight cloverleaf Interstate on-ramp (speed limit 35 mph) and reach the end at 65 mph without ever making the tires squeal through the turn. :cool:

All the reviews from across the pond and down under are nothing but acclaims...I just wish we could get that thing over here in the states...it might get Ford to wake up a bit more :)