any auto ins people here

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott degroot

Reaction score
Just like the title says. If anyone here is an auto insurance adjuster or claims rep and wouldn't mind answering a few ?? for me I would appreciate it...and yes my ST was rear ended on the freeway Friday night...no injuries other than the ST.

Even without knowing the facts, it is the fault of the driver behind you with one rare exception. If the vehicle that hit you from behind was PUSHED into you. If so, it is the one doing the pushing fault...

Also, so many have had their Tracs hit that most can answer your questions I would think..

It has nothing to do with who is at fault. It really is only a question that an experienced ins insider could help on. It's not the first accident that I have been in, luckily none have been my fault it's just that I am coming up against something with the other persons ins that i haven't encountered before.

it's just that I am coming up against something with the other persons ins that i haven't encountered before.

:eek:...What, they accept blame and want to pay you...

l1tech,

Up until 2004, I worked for the largest auto insurer in Texas. I was not a claims adjuster, but I am very familiar with how the process works and what is standard practices and what might be questionable. If you want me to help, either post your question here or email me at the address posted in my profile.

...Rich

Gavin,

No, Not USAA. I worked for the Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies, which is part of the Southern Farm Bureau. SFB consists of 6 states and Texas was bigger than all the other 5 states combined (more members, more policies, more money, etc)

....Rich

Hey I insured with Texas Farm Bureau, how bout that. Retired ins. adj. of about 35 years.

Whats your question, I may or may not be able to help as I specialized in commercial property insurance catastrophe claims for the last 15.

Jim

Thanks for the offers guys but I eventually got things figured out today after talking to a friend of a friend of a friend who is in the biz.