Answer to my towing dillema

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott degroot

Reaction score
If everyone doesn't know I got rid of my ST about 3 years ago and bought an Edge. In the meantime I purchased a 2002 Dakota to haul my quad in. As of lately I have been wanting to purchase a toyhauler but my Dakota just wasn't big enough to tow it efficently. I did consider another ST but it still wasn't enough truck to pull what I wanted so this weekend I picked this up

[Broken External Image]:

It's a 2008 Tundra 4x2 with the 5.7. Rides like a car and with the 381 hp and 400- ft/lbs of torque and rated to tow 10,800 pounds it is more than enough to pull what I want. The 125 mile trip back from where I bought it from netted me 21 mpg at speeds between 65-80 mph. 0-60 times are 6.5 seconds and it pulls like a freight train from 40-70 mph. I looked at Dodges and also Fords, wasn't interested in GM, but this truck just felt alot more solid than those did. Had I wanted a diesel I would have gone Ford though.

It has the dodge body lines though....:bwahaha:

wasn't interested in GM

Thats good, they are owned by china.....I hear next year the GM emblems will be a red star

Scott, I promise to stay out of AZ......

I've got friends in Texas.....:smack:

Nice looking truck, especially considering it is four years old! Good find!

It took me a while to find it, only has 35k on it. All the other ones I saw this old had at least double that mileage on them. I was considering buying a newer one but it is my understanding that the 2008s were the best year all around.

Filled the tank today and averaged 16.4 mpg, can't complain, it's better than what my 4.7 Dakota was getting. Got my tint guy coming out on Thursday to darken up the windows and the detail guy on Friday to make it look brand new, had to put $900 worth of tires on it today but it doesn't need anything else so I'll be good for a while.

they are hell to do the oil if they are like the 2010s my company went to the skid plates are agravating to take off and put back

everyone says they some gas guzzlers compared to the chevys

The 5.3 engine that is in the Chevy pickups, which is a gutless pig, is lucky to get 15 mpg and the 6 litre, which doesn't have the power of the Toyota 5.7 gets worse mileage than that. I'm getting 16.4 mpg with more power......my GEN II V6 ST didn't get that good of mpg.

Latest posts