Another Toyota RECALL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets not forget the cruise control switches on how many different vehicles...... and the BS to get them fixed.

Love Ford; have owned 10 over the last 28 years, have 4 of them in the family now, and would buy another; they just didn't have one that fit my taste this time when I bought a vehicle. All MFR's have issues at times with things going wrong that no one could foresee. It happens, what they do after they find out shows what kind of company they are. We'll see what Toyota does here.

tom,

my research is done about the crown vic. see the numbers above. btw, ford was not public initially about that very serious problem.

again, you speak from your azz :smile0009:

sorry, those 12 deaths were law enforcement offices.

that does not include the general public.

so what are you saying, ford did nothing wrong with the design.

Gary,

Give me some numbers of the general public.

I am sure the design could have been better. I mean, a tank with 3" thick walls would be the perfect design.

These accidents are not 20 MPH rear enders, these are high speed accidents.

A friend of ours was rear ended at 70 MPH. They walked away. The driver of the other vehicle was killed. The vehicle our friends were in a Crown Vic. I do not recall the vehicle the other person was driving.

The Crown Vic DID NOT blow-up.

Tom

wow,

your friend was very lucky.

not like the 30plus law enforcement officers and hundreds of civilians burned to death.

www.crownvictoriasafetyalert.com

read on as ford didn't alert the public early on when they knew there was a very serious issue. also why ford stopped selling the crown vic.

nuff said :smile0010:

We need a BS flag for a smiley, I doubt that Ford stopped selling the Crown Vic. because if you got rear-ended by someone doing 70+, which by the way is over the legal speed limit almost everywhere, while you were standing still your car would catch fire. I loved that dateline episode, especially where the POLICE CHIEF of a department that lost an officer said something like 'People speed down this road in the break down lane all the time, what do you want me to do about it?' Classic, we don't give a shit about the law even though we're the police, attitude.

r1ch,

read the complete link. lowest speed was 48mph.

so it's the law enforcement community to blame?

BS flag is for the few who deny and want to blame someone else :smile0008:

48mph isn't really that slow...or safe.

My brother-in-law and his 3 daughters were in a bad accident Friday night. Someone in a F-150 pulled out in front of him, turning left in front of him, coming towards him (the guy was at the 3-o'clock position of the intersection at a stop sign, my brother-in-law going straight on the main road).

The accident was an early 80s Honda Civic (my brother-in-law was driving) vs Ford F-150, essentially a head-on.

Pics at the link below of the car. Our step-niece (his daughter) was pretty messed up...but it could have been a lot worse. All should mend...but it will take time.

I only mention this as we are talking about safety of vehicles and speed.

TJR

Funny thing, I saw nothing about 48 mph on that site and most of the links I tried went to 404.

Here was a quote from autosafety.org

Ford Motor Co. is installing a shield around the gas tanks of the some 400,000 Crown Victoria Police Interceptors, the choice of many police departments. Ford also makes the Police Interceptor civilian twins, Mercury Grand Marquis and the Lincoln Town Car.According to the Center for Auto Safety there have been 13 fire-related deaths involving Crown Victoria Police Interceptors and 17 civilian deaths in the Mercury Grand Marquis and the Lincoln Town Car since 1993.

Where did you get the hundreds of civilians burned to death? For that matter the 30+ police officers?

Here's another:

When federal regulators cleared the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car of any safety defects last fall, they blamed fiery rear-impact crashes for just 16 deaths in sedans built between 1992 and 2001. But the Free Press has found that about 30 people died in fiery rear-end crashes in the vehicles during that time -- and at least 69 have perished since Ford Motor Co. launched the Panther platform in 1979. The Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Town Car share that platform, or basic mechanical underpinnings.

69 people in 25 years. I wonder how many people have died in other car fires in that amount of time. Think maybe to total number of people who have died in car fires is at least 70? Maybe 71? Think it's a lot higher? How about 520 people dying in vehicle fires in 2004 alone? Seven and a half times the number that have died in Crown Victoria, or related cars, since the platform was introduced. Yeah, that crown vic is a scary car.

Rich,

How dare you! Gary S "no's" all about this.

So 69 people out of 5,000,000 vehicles were killed. 69/5,000,000= .00138% or 1 in 72,463.

More people were killed driving a 350Z that those killed in a Crown Vic.

Tom

Well Tom, you can't say more people were killed in a Z because I'm only counting fires here. And the number is higher then 5 million since the 69 is since 79 and the 5 mil is only since 93 I think.

Either way, I'm getting off topic.

About that recall, my wife teaches college and a guy working at a toyota dealer was talking about this sale stoppage and how they're not making those cars even and he said all the people at the dealers are worried they're all going to be out of work.

Latest posts