Another Toyota RECALL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw it as well.

then now an e-mail alert

2.3 mill vehicles.

NOT happy w/ toyota for not correcting this issue back last fall.

not to mention, a major inconvience. :smile0003:

i believe toy will take responsibility and rectify the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we know why Gary is going to "Re-evaluate his Toyota loyalty".

He give his guys unsafe cars to drive. Way to go Gary!!!

Tom

tom,

loyality is always there.

check me but did ford put people lifes in jeopardy with the crown vic gas tank problem?????

Ford also put out Explorers that burned down houses.

Shit happens.

Control is an illusion. The more complex the product the more likely a few subtle defects will sneak through that only manifest themselves in the 1 in x0,000, or 1 in x00,000 range, depending on the conditions.

TJR

check me but did ford put people lifes in jeopardy with the crown vic gas tank problem?????

Didn't the cars explode when rear ended at 70 MPH while sitting on the side of the road? Not really unsafe is it?

I was just referencing your new years post that you were going to "Re-evaluate your loyalty".

For me, there is no need to re-evaluate my Ford loyalty. I already know it... :smile0007:

Tom

tom,

unlike something you would do, at least i man up and voice my frustration with this toyota issue. they f' ...d up.

will i stop buying toy's , NO , imo and experience they build one of the best auto mfg's out there .

btw, research the fuel tank problem on the crown vic. at least 5 million unprotected fuel tanks and at least a dozen deaths.

Caymen, I'm also reminded of the old Dateline NBC show where they rigged trucks to explode when t-boned. That was back when they put the gas tanks between the bedside and the frame rails.

Gas tank problems on a Ford? Surely not... :smile0017:

[Broken External Image]:

I have purchased Fords, Lincolns, Mercurys for almost 30 years, and will continue to do so.

Have also owned Buick, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Chevy, Dodge, Pontiac, even 2 MG's. (those were fun!)

All have their issues. It comes down to how well, and how soon action is taken if a major problem is found.

If a company owns up to an issue, it sits well with me.

Well my wife's 06 RAV 4 is not yet being recalled (only 09-10) but I wonder if Toyota is just afraid to recall all at once like Ford. My 02 ST was not originally on the recall list but showed up a while later.

ps. except for the recalls I couldn't be happier with either vehicle and there's nothing out there I would trade them for.

Dave,

even 2 MG's. (those were fun!)

What kind of MGs did you own? My dad restored a MGA (not sure of year) and he now owns a yellow '73 MGB. Last generation before the American safety specifications made them resort to the taller stance and rubber bumpers...yuck. I was basically born into a family of MG enthusiasts. My uncle owns a blue '72 MGB and my Grandfather owned a red '53 MGTF and now owns a British Racing Green '52 (i think) MGTD

(I know its a little off topic, but I've had plenty of my threads hijacked before..)

Shaun,

I had a Red 72 MGB, all stock with twin SU carbs, 2 six volt bateries in series etc.. even had the optional hard top I used for winter on that one; and I had a White 77 MGB, with header, webber downdraft intake and webber carb and performance exhaust. The 77 would run rings around the 72 as far as power went, but the looks of the 72 were much better IMO. Dont have either one anymore, but wouldnt mind owning one again in the future.

Dont you just love lucas wiring...?

Dave

Caymen, I'm also reminded of the old Dateline NBC show where they rigged trucks to explode when t-boned. That was back when they put the gas tanks between the bedside and the frame rails.

I forgot about that.

Tom

Gary,

This is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac website and I will put down anything that isn't Ford. I do not feel sorry for doing so either.

Tom

tom,

i am fully aware that this is a ford site. but you would never bring up anything negative about ford.

did you research the crown vic??????

how about other ford issues ????????

hey again, i manned up about toyota, but i forgot that is something you are not capable of doing

i am fully aware that this is a ford site. but you would never bring up anything negative about ford.

I have complained in the past, but I don't care to do so.

did you research the crown vic??????

Have you or did you watch the news and become an expert?

Again, Ford website. I bash everyone that isn't ford.

Tom

Latest posts