another question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
I've checked my fuses,... and all are ok, however, my overhead is NOT working, not reading, could it be the light, I miss that thing, knowing the temperature and the direction i'm going, if it is just a light bulb thingy (btw) the lights are kinda dull above it also,..

how hard is it to change, and how do I do it?

~Dove~

It isn't a bulb, sorry to say. The display is a vaccum flourescent type, the same as in the stock radio. Some wires may've come lose. Unfortuantly, I'm not exactly sure how to take the console down to have a look...I've got the guts to a console installed, just not the console itself.

Less likely is a bad ground. I'm pretty sure the entire consle grounds via the wiring harness that feeds it power and signals, not to the roof via the metal mounting bracket.

I'm afraid i didn't help much, sorry.

Actually, if I remember right, there is an actual ground wire in the harness. When I installed mine, I just grounded it to the mounting bracket, but I'll bet Ford ran it down the A piller with the rest of the wiring.

Well something to check is that it maybe turned off. Hit the mode button and see. It is Better to find this little mistake than to spend some money. Then start checking the wiring as the others have said._Ron

Latest posts