Another Hood Scoop Option (pics)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen one for the 07 yet. There's one for the 01 Job 1. With modification, it can be attached to the intake manifold on the 01 Job 2-05 models. I don't know about the functional plumbing for it though. You can find it on the Keystone Restyling website.

Jeff, it looks pretty good! It looks alot longer than the standard Mustang GT scoop or even the EE scoop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too funny that some of you guys make fun of guys in Civics with coffee can tailpipes, yet put 'stick on' hoodscoops on your Tracs.

Sure sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

Darin, find a Civic running a coffee can setup that can beat me. Most of the "fast" Civics are running power adders with a decent exhaust system, not just a tip clamped on the end. We sell the tips at work and $20 will get you a coffee can. Yes, the scoop is unnecessary, but it looks cool and will complete the look to match my performance.

would it look good in Black turned the other way? I was thinking I may try that. what do you a guys think:unsure:[Broken External Image]:[

I'll take some pics tomorrow with it turned around, cowl induction style, both up at the front, and at the rear of the hood.

Q, Yes you can. I know how the design of ram air scoops work (see other car in driveway) and I'd have no problem fabbing one up, but the benefits would be so low for the cost. Oh, and I live in AL, haven't seen snow in 12 years.

Jeff C,

You correct the mighty and powerful, one liner Q? You are in for the wrath of the one line retort.

Get ready...

Tom

Here ya go. IMO, the back edge is too flat and I don't like the look.

Tom, maybe Q is just motivating me. Fastest way to make an engineer get something done is tell em they can't do it.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The red headed step child.

[Broken External Image]:

i have a stick on hood scoop and a rice burner. so what's the problem ? :rolleyes:

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Gary S - Nice!!! I've always thought the Z was a great ride. I can't buy one so I sponsor two of them in SCCA Racing...LOL

Jeff C - I thought the fastest way to getting an engineer to do something is to give them all the specs so they don't have to "Think" about it. My father in-law 25 years at Boeing as an engineer. It's pulling teeth just to get him to tell you what the height and width is of a object...lol.

SST, thanks , it's my wife's ride. on the other side of the 350z , is the cool depeche mode sticker you made for my wife. she loves it !

Harwood hoods sells cowls that you fiberglass in and make functional.....

HMMM..... I may be able to find a donor hood here......

Todd Z

Here ya go. IMO, the back edge is too flat and I don't like the look.

Nothing that a little fiberglass and time won't fix. I'm still looking at how to make mine functional. But I'm also keeping the shaker open as an option.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts