Another exhaust questions thread

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Bock

Reaction score
After searching and reading many exhaust threads I'm still confused. 07 V8 ST, Is there a resonator and two stock mufflers? And to achieve a better sound do you remove the resonator and replace which muffler, front or rear? Are these both mufflers? I'm interested in keeping reasonably quiet interior and a more throaty sound upon WOT. Leaning toward magnaflow muffler, maintaining single side pipe and somewhat low budget. Thanks in advance

Check out my Videos on youtube..... Searh Sport trac take off.....

Removed the resinator, the FLAT one, the round coffee can one is the muffler..

Todd Z

after researching and reading I now realize I'm an idiot

You are pretty hard on yourself. That would be an everyday screw up for me!

That is what is so cool about this forum- so many folks who know our Tracs inside and out, and willing to share. Keep asking questions- you will get lots of advice! As long as you don't get too bad of a 'tude, folks here are pretty forgiving and helpful. We have all been idiots at one time or another. At 53, I am entering a whole new world of stupidness due to that disease that makes you forget things.. Can't remember the name of it...

Allen, I have an '07 V8 and have full dual exhaust on mine. What you have stock is 4 cats and one muffler. There is also a "Y" tube to bring the two sides of the exhaust into one pipe to the muffler. When I had mine dualed out, they removed from the "Y" to the exhaust pipe. the pre-cats and cats remained and the piping over to the Y tube remained the same. They cut the "Y" out and ran 2 pipes togeather side by side following the same path as the original as there is only the one heat shield and welded the two Flow Master 50's edge ways up so they would both be under the heat shield. I elected to port them out the side as the fuel tank is obstructing the passenger side of the rear of the truck but they could have made a crossover near the rear to port them out the back on each side. I hope that helps.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts