Angies List

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott degroot

Reaction score
Any one have access to Angies List and wouldn't mind looking up something for me?

I'm trying to see if a company called "Tile Removal Crew" in Phoenix AZ is on there and how thier reviews are.

Yep they are on there.

They have nine reviews and are rated "A"

I only read one review that said they wanted to be paid in cash (huge red flag for me, I don't hire illegal workers and believe that the only other reason would be to avoid paying taxes) The reviewer also said he paid for 2000 sq feet and it should have been 1700 sq feet. He said that was his mistake as he didn't double check the measurements until the job was done.

I have lived in the phoenix area for a bit over two years. We moved here from Washington state. I don't want to sound negative but I have found the contractors that I have dealt with here to be less than ethical. I use Angie's list and the Better Business Bureau as a reference but my advise would be to get everything in writing, check to see that they are licensed to do the task you are hiring them to do. Example, I hired a licensed contractor that installed cabinets and epoxy floors in my garage. Turns out he wasn't licensed to do epoxy floors, just the cabinets. He did a terrible job on the epoxy. After a battle that involved the state I was refunded the cost of the epoxy floors.

My best advise is CYA in every way you can!

Good luck

Thanks for looking for me. I've dealt with my fair share of contractors over the years so I have a pretty good idea of how to deal with them but I don't think that I will ever get the process perfected so advice is always appreciated. I've only dealt with one contractor who did exactly what he said he was going to do and he actually went above and beyond my expectations. I have estimates that range from 1-3 dollars a sq/ft to remove my old tile and thinset and with having 1000 sq/ft to remove that makes for a pretty good difference. I honestly thought the price would be about $1500 to remove everything so when I started to get estimates at double that it made me think. I've since put the job on hold which naturally has not made the wife too happy since I have a garage full of tile and an installer who is ready to go.