Am I missing something here

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase Straw

Reaction score
This is an excerpt from edmunds long-term review of the ridgeline. Does anyone know how this would be considered legendary w/ only 25k miles

If you want a real truck's truck, look elsewhere, but there's no denying the Ridgeline delivers that legendary Honda reliability. Aside from the suspension repair, the only other warranty work performed on the truck was to fix a couple of adjustment knobs on the rear air-conditioning vents. They had fallen off and needed to be reinstalled.

Did you read the entire review, Chase? They took the vehicle off-roading, apparently doing something the vehicle wasn't designed for and blew out all 4 struts. Not defending Honda, but abuse is abuse.

The driver claims he was doing between 10 and 15 mph on a washboardy road. Wonder where he REALLY took it? Probably covering his butt so he wouldn't lose his job for abusing company property.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how long Ridgelinders have been out there and whether or not they have "legendary Honda reliability" but Honda's in general have that reputation and that's what they are trying to sell. In the review it didn't sound like the Ridgeliner handled a few offroad "potholes" very well either.

Yeah I liked the bed trunk in the Ridgeliner and the flip up back seats looked interestng but overall I preferred the look of the ST over the Ridgeliner. It seemed more trruck and less SUV whereas the Ridgeliner looks more like an SUV or a scaled down rip-off of the Avalanche.

Did you read the entire review, Chase? They took the vehicle off-roading, apparently doing something the vehicle wasn't designed for and blew out all 4 struts. Not defending Honda, but abuse is abuse.

Yes i read the whole article. Didnt sound too extreme to me, just sounded like it was not engineered for the segment it was put into. By the way washboard roads are where you will due the most damage to shocks/struts due to the repetitive movement over the same area heats up the seals/oil inside and and ruins the rubber components inside. Its just honda finding out the hard way they dont know jack about trucks!

You had to see what we did to those 07's in California on the off road portion...

They all drove fine afterwords....

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

No, Chase, you aren't missing anything there, I mean Honda is only one year into this "truck" thing, so 25,000 miles is not a monument to "truckworthiness" IMO. Give them a while and they may have something (I am not a fan of the RL., it's dull!). i had over 45,ooo miles before I had any issue with my 01 ST which I bought new, so no give it time and it will have a few problems, after all it's MADE IN America now! :lol: (I couldn't resist that one) :eek::lol::lol:

Isn't it known that if you are from Mexico, you are an "American" because Mexico is from North America. The same goes for those that live in South America. They are "American" too.

Tom

Latest posts